You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R may perform at VMA's

jimmythegent wrote:

I agree there's alot of speculation and wishful thinking here - nonetheless there are some encouraging and exciting developments here.

Hopefully this time, at last, Axl is ready to launch this baby.

As for BH returning? Hard to see how anything points to that? Other than an old song of his apparently bearing a resemblence in title? I really don't see him being a big draw for Rock Band to leverage off - Slash however, would be something else.... as would a GNR reunion on the MTV awards

MTV have been there done that with this incarnation of GNR (well the 2002 lineup at least) - would they have that band back? I think not - theyd have the original band back in a heartbeat though

Also, I agree with the concept that CD should (and probably will) be marketed, as in the NIN and to a lesser extent QOTSA mould. Axl being GNR essentially. You cant tell me you're going to send BBF , Frank and Dizzy out to bat for this thing - nice guys I'm sure but they lack star quality. Which admittedly BH had in spades ..

Either way, going to be some interesting times ahead

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

As for BH returning? Hard to see how anything points to that? Other than an old song of his apparently bearing a resemblence in title? I really don't see him being a big draw for Rock Band to leverage off - Slash however, would be something else.... as would a GNR reunion on the MTV awards

Nothing's pointing to it, its just the yearly VMA speculation that always has to include Bucket because he's on the songs.

As far as Bucket not being a draw for Rock Band, I strongly disagree. The GNR interest in that game goes up astronomically if Bucket is brought in to the equation. He's the only truly marketable member from the CD era besides Axl, although Tommy is pretty well known.

As far as NIN marketing, agree completely if the current lineup is what launches this thing. You'll see a few forum interviews and blabbermouth articles by these guys, but the big stuff will be all Axl.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Okay, getting very excited at the prospect of Axl (with his 2008 voice/image) and Finck (minus the Goth togs and back in his Zep-style gear) hooking up with Bucket and Brain... big_smile

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He's the only truly marketable member from the CD era besides Axl, although Tommy is pretty well known.

Tommy is well known mainly in the States, perhaps in the UK as well....Bucket has massive global appeal, like Slash had...which is what GNR desperately needs if they are to make the numbers they're expecting to make...

No disrespect to any other guitarists in the band currently, but if you were to do a gig in Albania, they may know who Robin Finck is (although highly unlikely), they will definitely have no clue who Richard Fortus is....

But they will know who Bucket and Slash are....and for me, its one of those two who Axl needs to bring GNR back to the "top of mind" status globally.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

As far as Bucket not being a draw for Rock Band, I strongly disagree.

Sorry to ONLY comment on this part, but I 1000000000%%%%% agree with you. Buckethead's song "Jordan" in Guitar Hero 2 was one of the most talked about songs because it was insanely hard and catchy and it overall brought Buckethead AND Guitar Hero alot of positive attention.

If Rockband can say "Yeah we have a crazy GNR song with some awesome Buckethead parts" people who played Jordan, video game reviewers, and people who love music are going to be excited, and the company will receive, (in my honest opinion as someone close to the video game scene and culture), more positive attention than "Slash is working on guitar hero!" (which would get some attention, but honestly, not too much)

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

One thing that will be interesting...those that like to make everything into Axl vs Slash at other forums used to love to bash slash for selling out for being in GH3...now that GNR is in Rockband 2 I wonder if they'll consider that a sell out too...

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

...now that GNR is in Rockband 2 I wonder if they'll consider that a sell out too...

lets ask Jim Bob what he thinks....should be interesting....

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

monkeychow wrote:

One thing that will be interesting...those that like to make everything into Axl vs Slash at other forums used to love to bash slash for selling out for being in GH3...now that GNR is in Rockband 2 I wonder if they'll consider that a sell out too...

Great point, the hypocrisy should be hilarious.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
elmir wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

...now that GNR is in Rockband 2 I wonder if they'll consider that a sell out too...

lets ask Jim Bob what he thinks....should be interesting....

I don't think he posts here much anymore. And besides, I don't think this is the place to target people out & call them on the carpet for what they said months or years ago.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm pretty sure he meant that as a joke. Elmir knows JB doesn't post here anymore.

Board footer