You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Entertainment Weekly suggests GN'R may perform at VMA's

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Bono wrote:

They wont' do it twice without an album release date.

I agree, which is why if they do get confirmed, something is getting released. Hell, the band could go on there and promote Rock Band 2.

If it goes the way I think it's going to then MTV would be all over it release of new material or not.

Whoa! Whoa! Stop! Stop! that little quote that James took from my original post is being taken outta context now.:haha: If it's a reunion hell yeah they'll do it. I agreed with that.  If it's "NuGn'R" hell no. Not without a release of some kind. MTV won't be punked by these punks again. Original Gn'R don't need shit to gain interest or have people repsect them. They could hammer outta  deal where Axl plays the flute in place of vocals, Slash on banjo,  Duff plays a stand up bass made form a metal bucket and a broom stick,  the drummer whoever it may be could play on ice cream buckets and Izzy could  fake it on a  Guitar Hero guitar for all MTV  cares. Get the original guys together and anything goes regardless.  This new circus won't fly twice. Not with MTV and not with fans. Unless of course people look forward to Axl being even more of a joke.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think the point being made is that they can do it without an album by hyping this video game.

anything less than that or CD and MTV wont touch it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hmmmm, I am with Bono.  Reunion GNR, New GNR with Album, or No GNR.  Chances of one of show with Slash and Duff at Music awards are just as good as New GNR playing the music awards...

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

expect at the very minimum they play their first single. and by then the single will be on the radio and a release date for cd will be announced

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Bono just an FYI someone posted earlier MTV actually owns Rock Band the video game. So they would have a vested interest in Nu-GnR if they're also on the game. I don't think they'll be playing though, U2 or more likely Metallica will be asked.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Bono just an FYI someone posted earlier MTV actually owns Rock Band the video game. So they would have a vested interest in Nu-GnR if they're also on the game. I don't think they'll be playing though, U2 or more likely Metallica will be asked.

yeah I read that. I just don't see it as a legit reason for Gn'R to play. It'd be the ultimate sellout by Axl. Fans wait a decade for his new album then he puts all his effort into promoting a video game 16. I just dont' see it. Unless nu Gn'R has an album coming out they won't  play. Like you said U2 or even more likley Metallica. This album is being hyped as a return to form for Metallica and in a  way they've been gone forever if you erase St. Anger form you mind which many have. So many more people will tune in to see the return  of Metallica than they will for a new Gn'R song on a video game performed by guys who aren't  Slash.  the new Gn'R market is so small compared to the Metallica market that even with MTV owning Rock Band the better move for them is to avoid Gn'R and go with someone relevant.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

i guess i agree with you bono..........although it would be very easy for this band to be " relevant. " i'm not holding my breath for a vma performance even though nothing would please me more. i've waited this long and obviously you have to so i will wait until the new management team and the band get things going. when it all starts and gets rolling we can talk about their  "relevance."

Sky Dog wrote:

blah blah blah....they aren't going back to the VMA'S (and who gives a real fuck if they do) until they (or he) has a product to sell. It was obvious in 2002 that they were close to a release so they did it. Axl/Redhead freaks out after Philly meltdown, all plans off.....2008, possible, but highly doubtful unless they have A. a new single that is ALREADY on radio for at least 2-3 weeks or B. a reunion performance.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

The only reason I would see this maybe come true(not saying I believe it will) will if I was Axl I would want another shot at the VMAs. Shut a lot of people up if they closed out the show with the best new GNR track with Axl actually in shape and able to sing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer