You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Mysteron confirms "Shackler's Revenge" as an actual new GN'R song

Neemo wrote:

yeah you're prolly right monkeychow....i think they are waiting to spring something on us unnanounced...it aint gonna happen

anyway the saving grace here is that it takes alot of time and effort to get songs prepped for these games...i cant say that Harmonix would be too pleased if time and effort goes wasted...time is money and i'm sure that in the videogame world the developers could always use more of it

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Would be a great way to start promotion.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah and with Oh My God you can say that the material probably wasn't finished. We've all doubted as recently as 06 how many finished tracks there are, so in the late 90s it's quite probable they just had some ideas and were no where near ready for a release of a full album.

I think it's gonna happen. I'm not sure about the album, or touring, or a VMA appearance, but I'm feeling that Shackler's Revenge is coming, and it's being marketed as well as it could be.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I can't wait for the instrumentals of this whole album to leak. It'll be Buckethead solo CD! LOL!

Actually, its starting to look like thats not far from the truth. His stamp is all over these tracks.

Like I said at mygnr, its time for the Bucket haters to accept the fact he played a major role in the creation of this record.

Who ever denied he played a major role in creating the album? As far as I know Axl can't play guitar well enough to bring anything to fruition so I always assumed the guys playing the instruments wrote their own parts only they had to be approved by the boss.  I'm not a Bucket hater by any means but for me personally I have yet to hear anything on the new albums that blows my mind. The guitar parts as far as I'm concerend are average.  I'm in the minority here on this website I know, but I dont' think I'll be in the minority when it comes to the general public.  Nothing I've heard excites me the way I was when I first heard the Illusion albums. The guitar stuff just isn't as good in my opinion. Maybe on a  final mix of a new song my opinion  will change but untill than I'd say the Buckethead hate has been ridiculous, but the Buckethead praise has been way over blown as well.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Guess who had the biggest buzz at the 2002 VMAs?

answer: it wasn't Fortus

Guess who was in the most pictures in GNR mentions in magazines(Blender, Stuff,etc.)  during the 2002-05 silent years?

answer: It wasn't Axl.

I think you know where this is leading.....

He was the star of the band and was the only person capable of silencing the "Where's Slash?" screams

he was the star of the band for asthetic reaons only though james. He didn't blwo the average listener away with his playing. he didnt' blow me away and I'm far from your average listener.  Obviously the guy who looks the oddest will get the mentions. And I'll go out on a  limb and say he didn't silence the "where's Slash" screams.  The only difference now is most people want BH back over BBF. Don't think for a second if you took a poll most people would want BH over Slash. Just ain't gonna happen. Of course when I say that I'm talking real people. Not nut jobs like us on the Gn'R boards 16

As for this latest news I'll believe it when I see it. Interesting though. It's the first official "release date" of any new Gn'R material since Oh My God. Let's  see what happens.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I can't wait for the instrumentals of this whole album to leak. It'll be Buckethead solo CD! LOL!

Actually, its starting to look like thats not far from the truth. His stamp is all over these tracks.

Like I said at mygnr, its time for the Bucket haters to accept the fact he played a major role in the creation of this record.

Who ever denied he played a major role in creating the album? As far as I know Axl can't play guitar well enough to bring anything to fruition so I always assumed the guys playing the instruments wrote their own parts only they had to be approved by the boss.  I'm not a Bucket hater by any means but for me personally I have yet to hear anything on the new albums that blows my mind. The guitar parts as far as I'm concerend are average.  I'm in the minority here on this website I know, but I dont' think I'll be in the minority when it comes to the general public.  Nothing I've heard excites me the way I was when I first heard the Illusion albums. The guitar stuff just isn't as good in my opinion. Maybe on a  final mix of a new song my opinion  will change but untill than I'd say the Buckethead hate has been ridiculous, but the Buckethead praise has been way over blown as well.

Axl can play guitar really well, just look up what Matt Sorum said about it back in 1998

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Bono wrote:

And I'll go out on a  limb and say he didn't silence the "where's Slash" screams.  The only difference now is most people want BH back over BBF. Don't think for a second if you took a poll most people would want BH over Slash. Just ain't gonna happen. Of course when I say that I'm talking real people. Not nut jobs like us on the Gn'R boards 16

he didn't silence the "where's Slash" screams, but he made people not say them as often as they would have...the important thing about BH is that he wasn't seen as Slash's replacement, but rather as an entity of his own, which further gave weight to the "New Gnr" being different from the old one....Axl's vision of a new band almost looked interesting enough to accept, even for us...

That's what BH's presence did....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Bono wrote:

Who ever denied he played a major role in creating the album?

Tons of people. Hell, there's people who say Fortus had a bigger impact on the album and we're still waiting for him to be on a song. Bucket's contributions have been downplayed since the minute he joined, and I am glad that after all these years, he is finally being vindicated as we get leak after leak.

The Bucket haters are running out of things to hate. He clearly played a large role in the creation of these tracks, and the new GNR "nutswingers" cant shit on him anymore because if they do, they're shitting on the tracks themselves.

bucket

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't think the haters are running out of hate, they're running out of excuses.

I'll say it with no doubt in my mind, if the album was released in 2004 with Buckethead, buckethead would have made a bigger impact than Slash did back in 1987. He was the "cousin it" guy for a while and was considered a freak by the average fan, but nothing compared to Buckethead. And he had to share the superstar spotlight with Axl Rose. And lets be honest, Axl was the star of the show.  Plus, Bucket's playing is something out of this world. Very distinctive, that makes jaws drop. And he has a sound and look no other band has/had. I say he'd be responsible for 40-50% of new interest in new GNR next to Axl. And think about it when I say NEW interest in Guns N' Roses.

Sky Dog wrote:

Bono is Buzzsaw's Canadian alter ego.....:ummm:

Board footer