You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Mysteron confirms "Shackler's Revenge" as an actual new GN'R song

Bono wrote:
elmir wrote:

the important thing about BH is that he wasn't seen as Slash's replacement, but rather as an entity of his own, which further gave weight to the "New Gnr" being different from the old one....Axl's vision of a new band almost looked interesting enough to accept, even for us...

That's what BH's presence did....

I completely disgaree 100%. Slash is mentioend every single time Buckethead comes up. If Buckethead wasnt' looked at as Slashs replacement than who was? Or did Slash simply not exist? I'm just being realistic here. Buckethead is, was and maybe again Slash's replacement. Aside from people on Gn'R forums who have grown to like Buckethead over the last decade EVERYONE else will see Buckethead or whoever plays guitar in Gn'R as Slash's replacement.  In fact even Gn'R diehard forum members looked at Buckethead in the begining as Slash's replacement. Why? Cause the fact is he was.

misterID wrote:

I'll say it with no doubt in my mind, if the album was released in 2004 with Buckethead, buckethead would have made a bigger impact than Slash did back in 1987. He was the "cousin it" guy for a while and was considered a freak by the average fan, but nothing compared to Buckethead. And he had to share the superstar spotlight with Axl Rose. And lets be honest, Axl was the star of the show.  Plus, Bucket's playing is something out of this world. Very distinctive, that makes jaws drop. And he has a sound and look no other band has/had. I say he'd be responsible for 40-50% of new interest in new GNR next to Axl. And think about it when I say NEW interest in Guns N' Roses.

Sorry guys but it seems to me people are getting bit carried. A bigger impact than Slash? Bigbri will say I'm being condescending here but I'm starting to get the vibe that the excitement of Shackler's Revenge is starting to cloud people's perception to the point where they're falling into the same old trap of hyping their own hype. Honestly when you guys say things like "Buckethead would've had a bigger impact than Slash" it comes across as so naive cause it simply could not, would not and won't ever happen. No matter how good BH is.

Madagas wrote:

Bono is Buzzsaw's Canadian alter ego.....

is it a crime to see the forest for the trees? I get people like Buckethead. I think he's wicked myself just not the stuff he's done in Gn'R. When I hear 9 songs that are pretty much avereage at best and then hear other people raving about how Buckethead has killed it on these songs and how he's made Slash all but irrelevant in Gn'R it makes me shake my head and wonder. I truley believe people get swallowed up in their own excitment.:|

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

and the new GNR "nutswingers" cant shit on him anymore because if they do, they're shitting on the tracks themselves.

misterID wrote:

I don't think the haters are running out of hate, they're running out of excuses.

The BH haters have a new trick now.  Those in powerful positions, such as serial Buckethead hater Madison on mygnr (hope I don't get banned there for posting this, LOL!), are now deleting posts to make it look like BH bashers have won the argument.  I don't know if you saw recently: but posts by JL, bigbri, and another Buckethead fan on mygnr (maybe Funeral or someone?) got deleted to make it look like Nesquik had somehow won the argument.  Figures.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Bono wrote:

As far as I know Axl can't play guitar well enough to bring anything to fruition

Dead Horse. He originally composed it on acoustic guitar, according to Slash.

Bono wrote:

I always assumed the guys playing the instruments wrote their own parts only they had to be approved by the boss.

Agreed.

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Axl can play guitar really well, just look up what Matt Sorum said about it back in 1998

Matt Sorum vs. An Inconvenient Truth, 2001.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

Those in powerful positions, such as serial Buckethead hater Madison on mygnr (hope I don't get banned there for posting this, LOL!), are now deleting posts to make it look like BH bashers have won the argument.  I don't know if you saw recently: but posts by JL, bigbri, and another Buckethead fan on mygnr (maybe Funeral or someone?) got deleted to make it look like Nesquik had somehow won the argument.  Figures.

Yeah I'm aware of that and certainly was not fond of her decision or reasoning behind it. However, I do talk to Madison from time to time, I am a semi active poster there, and am not interested in any anti mygnr sentiment developing on this forum.

Point taken though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Bono wrote:

is it a crime to see the forest for the trees?

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

That rio maddy is the best big_smile

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

This makes no sense...

Mysteron confirmed "Shackler's Revenge" as a new GN'R song, and now it was a BS rumor, and the song WON'T be in the game?

Who found out the "Shackler's Revenge" title then?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

and the new GNR "nutswingers" cant shit on him anymore because if they do, they're shitting on the tracks themselves.

misterID wrote:

I don't think the haters are running out of hate, they're running out of excuses.

The BH haters have a new trick now.  Those in powerful positions, such as serial Buckethead hater Madison on mygnr (hope I don't get banned there for posting this, LOL!), are now deleting posts to make it look like BH bashers have won the argument.  I don't know if you saw recently: but posts by JL, bigbri, and another Buckethead fan on mygnr (maybe Funeral or someone?) got deleted to make it look like Nesquik had somehow won the argument.  Figures.

OMG Is Nesquick still around bashing on BH. The guy never stopped for years, he was obsessive, even by GNR forum member standards. Thats quite a put dowm to have your post deleted.

I'm also quite surprised how tolerant HTGTH appear to have been of Buckethead posts recently.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

This makes no sense...

Mysteron confirmed "Shackler's Revenge" as a new GN'R song, and now it was a BS rumor, and the song WON'T be in the game?

Who found out the "Shackler's Revenge" title then?

Has anything ever made sense with GNR?

Makes you wander when they finally release the album how they will handle the press. No wander the record company wanted them to  have some decent management

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Hahaha!! It's a fake rumour now??

Board footer