You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Rumor: Unheard GNR song on Rockband 2

Axl S wrote:

It was blamed on Bucket being sick.

That was Doug Goldstein's doing - if you want to believe Axl Rose.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

He also said he didn't know anything about the Rock Band rumor though.  That he wouldn't be the one that would know such things or if he did it wasn't his place to confirm or deny.

It could easily fall through. After the Harley ad clusterfuck, no one in the GNR camp is gonna go out on a limb and confirm something of this nature. All he can do is confirm the existence of the song and its album status. Anymore details would be insane and most certainly damage his credibility if the Rock Band thing turned into another Harley ad.

The GNR camp really dodged a bullet regarding that Harley promo, because it was just so unprofessional on so many levels.

yes it was - anyone hear anything more about that one as far as contracts, future plans, etc.

i ask cause i wonder if gnr owes harley something or another. they must have had some sort of contract.

i can say it's different now cause the album is done.

with thh harley thing we got pretty believable info from merck afterwards that the album was not done like it was supposed to be in the timeline that had the commercial coming out featuring better as the first single.

Didn't Harley go ahead and use "Paradise City" for the ad?    That would fulfill any contract they might have had I would think.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They wont be in another Harley ad. Was funny when various "nutswingers" back then were saying shit like,"Oh,its gonna happen. Its just been delayed."

Thats not how major corporations work. They moved on to their next promotional ideas. They didn't stop production and have their workers sign up at GNR sites to wait for Chinese Democracy.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

like i posted in the other thread about this track

Neemo wrote:

the saving grace here is that it takes alot of time and effort to get songs prepped for these games...i cant say that Harmonix would be too pleased if time and effort goes wasted...time is money and i'm sure that in the videogame world the developers could always use more of it

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
faldor wrote:

Didn't Harley go ahead and use "Paradise City" for the ad?    That would fulfill any contract they might have had I would think.

not neccesarily, depends on the contract. my guess is when the better commerical leaked gnr had a scapegoat.

James Lofton wrote:

They wont be in another Harley ad.

just to clarify - i wasn't implying that there would be

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

While Bri's the Bucket expert of GNR Evolution, I can safely say he wouldn't cancel a tour. Way too devoted to his fanbase, regardless of its size. IF, and thats obviously a pretty big IF at the moment, Bucket is coming back, GNR could plan things around his tour.

Now if this tour does indeed get canceled, well you guys know whats happening...

No chance, absolutely zero, that Bucket cancels a tour. First, he hasn't toured in two years. Second, he doesn't disappoint fans like that.

didn't axl blame BH for cancelling shows in 04?

Sure, if you believe Axl's side. Actually, wasn't the rumor that he had a stomach ailment? Perhaps the song "Day of the Ulcer" off his album "Somewhere Over the Slaughterhouse" explains it? If you're sick, you're sick, but he doesn't cancel shit like Axl does.

I don't remember any solo shows being canceled at all.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Can someone help me with these questions. I don't own a console but am thinking of buying a Wii. Rock Band 2 would be the perfect reason.

- Will RB2 be available on the Wii?
- Is it as good as Guitar Hero?
- What is the user playability like?
- Is it worth the money?
- Is the game like DVD's - i.e. if you buy the hardware and game in the US would it work on a UK DVD?
- Will RB2 be released in the UK at the same time as them US?
- Are the games backward compatible?

Thanks!

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Will RB2 be available on the Wii?

Rock Band 2 is going to be available for all Xbox 360 first, with Wii, PS3, and PS2 versions coming out later. 

Is it as good as Guitar Hero?

Guitar Hero is a game more oriented on guitar.  Rock Band has songs that are more interesting for an entire "band" to play.  Then again, Guitar Hero 4 is coming out in a few months, and it's going to feature guitar, mic, and drums.  I guess when the tracklistings are revealed you can make your decision based on which songs you like more.

What is the user playability like?

User playability?  Do you mean gameplay?  Here's a vid:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=66-S6CxFlxs

Is it worth the money?

I thought it was.  It was cool to play drums by myself, and it was even funner with other people around. 

Is the game like DVD's - i.e. if you buy the hardware and game in the US would it work on a UK DVD?

No idea.

Will RB2 be released in the UK at the same time as them US?

I don't know this one either.

Are the games backward compatible?

What do you mean by backward compatible?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

No chance, absolutely zero, that Bucket cancels a tour. First, he hasn't toured in two years. Second, he doesn't disappoint fans like that.

didn't axl blame BH for cancelling shows in 04?

Sure, if you believe Axl's side. Actually, wasn't the rumor that he had a stomach ailment? Perhaps the song "Day of the Ulcer" off his album "Somewhere Over the Slaughterhouse" explains it? If you're sick, you're sick, but he doesn't cancel shit like Axl does.

I don't remember any solo shows being canceled at all.

The Buckethead stomach virus excuse was about the 2001 European tour that
didn't happen. And Axl let it slip that it was a lie when he said he cancled it because
he didn't know he had an up-coming tour until he read it on the net and he wasn't
ready for a tour yet.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Rex wrote:

Will RB2 be available on the Wii?

Rock Band 2 is going to be available for all Xbox 360 first, with Wii, PS3, and PS2 versions coming out later. 

Is it as good as Guitar Hero?

Guitar Hero is a game more oriented on guitar.  Rock Band has songs that are more interesting for an entire "band" to play.  Then again, Guitar Hero 4 is coming out in a few months, and it's going to feature guitar, mic, and drums.  I guess when the tracklistings are revealed you can make your decision based on which songs you like more.

What is the user playability like?

User playability?  Do you mean gameplay?  Here's a vid:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=66-S6CxFlxs

Is it worth the money?

I thought it was.  It was cool to play drums by myself, and it was even funner with other people around. 

Is the game like DVD's - i.e. if you buy the hardware and game in the US would it work on a UK DVD?

No idea.

Will RB2 be released in the UK at the same time as them US?

I don't know this one either.

Are the games backward compatible?

What do you mean by backward compatible?

Cheers

One thing I noticed is that you can by a premium drum kit that you can add a brain onto meaning you could also play it as a normal electronic drum kit. Pretty cool!

http://www.drumrocker.com/products/index.php

Board footer