You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

...I just don't believe it's actually coming out and won't until I see it.  This game doesn't change anything.

To me, the game changes everything. We're getting the first officially released GNR material since Oh My God.

I agree, so it's almost like a gauranteed future leak... but really doesn't change my hopes for CD. I just want to hear this 1 song.

When does RB2 come out anyway??

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I highly doubt it was a reference to you Buzz. Anakin's just a whiny bitch, you know!

I'm falling into old habits again, but fuck it, I'm a junkie. There's no denying that. So let's cook the spoon and say 'hope' once more. Shit comes to shove James can always clean up my act again. And if I'm falling off the wagon for real there's always you to turn to Buzz. Come on give it to me, tell me I've learned nothing after 7 years on these boards 16

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Not sure if someone pointed this out already but from our friends at HTGTH, on the front page of the site...

HARMONIX AND MTV GAMES UNVEIL SETLIST FOR ROCK BANDâ„¢2 - THE ULTIMATE MUSIC GAME
Game to Feature Unrivaled Blend of Classic, Developing and New Artists Rock Band Platform to Encompass More Than 500 Songs by End of 2008

Los Angeles, Calif. - July 14, 2008 - Harmonix, the world's premier music video game company, and MTV Games, a division of Viacom's MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), along with marketing and distribution partner Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), today revealed at the 2008 E3 Media & Business Summit the song set list for Rock Bandâ„¢ 2, the next evolution of the groundbreaking Rock Band music platform. The Rock Band 2 soundtrack will feature over 100 songs with over 80 songs on disc plus an additional 20 bonus tracks which will be made available for free download this fall. This builds upon the unparalleled depth and diversity of Rock Band's original set list and its ever-expanding library of downloadable tracks. Comprised entirely of master recordings from some of rock's most prolific and untouchable artists, including AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Bob Dylan, Metallica, Pearl Jam and more, Rock Band 2 will deliver the most impressive and largest music catalogue of any music-based videogame ever.

- After 14 years since Guns N' Roses last official music release, Axl Rose selects Rock Band 2 to debut official new track "Shackler's Revenge" from the highly-anticipated album Chinese Democracy.

---

Rock Band 2 On-Disc Track List:
Artist Song Title Decade

---

24. Guns N' Roses 'Shackler's Revenge' 2000's
---

Full press release at the Rock Band forum.

WOOT

-Jack-

-Jack- wrote:

And for those wondering, that is "OFFICAL OFFICAL"

The song will ship with the game no matter what. Even if Axl's other plans fall apart.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I love the way its says '2000's' like the album was released only yesterday

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Big deal.  Really.  I have 9 CD tracks already.  Is it a new song?  Yes.  Will we hear it before game comes out?  Yes.  We have been reduced to going ape shit over a song we have never heard of on a game most of us don't play.  I find it hilarious how much Jarmo hated Slash being on Guitar hero, yet they welcome this with open arms.  I find it hilarious for 11 years, or 9 if you count OH MY GOD, that this is the breaking news we get.  We, DR. Pepper too, oh and the Harley ad that NEVER happened.  I just feel really dumbed down.  I don't own one of these "game systems" and people will buy the game just to hear the song. 

So to sum up, I am happy about the CD song on a video game.....

My priority is the album, everything else is bullshit to me frankly. 

I would be happier if this was on a movie sound track. 

GNR should release album before Rock Band comes out.  If the song kicks ass, that many more people will want to play it on rock band.  If the song sux on Rock Band, fewer people will buy the album.  The song will be going against classics on the video game and it won't be the best song on the game or the best GNR song period. 

I don't have a point to this ramble.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Buzz I got the idea from your avatar, but it had nothing to do with your character or posts. I haven't seen anyone here really trying to tear down the optimism any more than is needed.

Sky Dog wrote:

Smoking, I hate video games and I actually agree with your post. I want the album, but am happy to have one new official track in the meantime. I hope it goes up on ITUNES.

-Jack-

-Jack- wrote:

Releasing a song through a video game is just a sign of the times, live with it and be happy we are getting something official and not a leaked demo.

Now we can actually have something real to judge.

Board footer