You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Baz now claims 4 GNR albums exist

James wrote:

Baz has said in his latest radio interview that there are 4 GNR albums. He said 3 the last time. Apparently an extra album was recorded while nobody was doing anything.

Anyone think there is a hint of truth to this, or is Baz just blowing smoke? Whether you love him or hate him, he is really approaching backlash territory here. You can only hype GNR and talk about Axl for so long before the fanbase gets tired of it, and with him releasing an album next month and depending on GNR fans to buy this record, he needs to cool it. Start talking about what HE did on the record. Last time I checked, Angel Down wasn't a 3 song EP.

Sky Dog wrote:

He's said 4 a couple of times.....one time he said "there's like 4 versions of Chinese Democracy":haha: Axl has had three albums of material or more for over half a decade....nothing new here at all. He hasn't said whether or not they are actually formally mixed and mastered though. So, in the end, does us no good because he or someone else won't release it.:flame:

I listened to that Bach interview from DC. Bach specifically said that just because it is not released, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Then, they laughed about Axl's vault, etc etc

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I thought he mentioned three the last time. My mistake.

In my opinion, that many albums do not exist. He probably heard cds that had different versions of the same songs on them.

Like you said though, they could have ten albums recorded and it wouldn't matter because they cant release one. Its almost futile to even speculate on anything further than CD until something is in stores.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah thats the thing...is it 4 different versions of the same album - or 4 different albums. Its not that implausable - i think we already had 3 versions of TWAT didn't we? Like the 99 one, the bucket one, and the bucket one with a slightly longer solo. And didn't MSL imply theres other versions of Maddy that us normal folk don't have? It could well be 4 versions of the same song list.

the clip I heard he said "4 albums worth of material."

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

He may have enough material for 4 separate albums, but what I want to know is how good is the material that he has. None of the demos that I have heard so far suggests that this album will be a masterpiece. I still say he never releases the album. At least with this lineup.

I think he knows that he's waited entirely too long for this album to ever have a fair chance with the media/critics. Unless it is truly the best rock album ever, he will be slammed.

bba

Look how many years that has went by without any material released from Axl.  I believe it, I imagine he does have that much material.  They had songs they used on UYI when they released AFD, I am sure Axl has kept writing and recording throughout all these years.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah actually come to think of it - given the length of time it wouldn't be unrealistic for there to be 4 albums worth of stuff.

I gotta disagree with you on this one BBA, i'm a MASSIVE fan of slash and the old band too, so don't take what i'm saying the wrong way - but when i objectively gave those leaks a listen I really was impressed with the quality of the songs. So i'm kinda drooling thinking of more stuff like the Catcher demo being out there...

I mean at this point the album would never live up to expectations created by the media and the delays. So i'd expect some media bashing. However - I do think it will be a quality release - and similar in standard to say UYI....but perhaps not as diverse in musical styles...

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

not as diverse?

I expect it to be a very diverse album.

F*ck Fear
 Rep: 4 

F*ck Fear wrote:

I will be long gone by the time one disc see's the light of day, never mind four lol.

Board footer