You are not logged in. Please register or login.

the dirt
 Rep: 3 

Re: Baz now claims 4 GNR albums exist

the dirt wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

The whole multiple album talk is losing its appeal. I don't understand why Baz keeps taunting us with this type of talk when the band can't even talk about one.

And can't even release "one".

I know you meant it differently but I couldn't resist.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I reckon Bach is Merck in disguise.

Seriously, on a completely different subject, how about releasing 'Better' with excerpts of the Harley Ad and the new black comedy horror 'Black Sheep'. That would be sick.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

I think Baz mentions how many songs Axl has for 2 reasons, A to show everyone that Axl has a catalog of his own and B, hey look at me I have listened to them and they are great sort of thing.  I believe on the  Eddie Trunk show he was talking about the It's So Easy video that he saw and no one else has but we have big_smile  sort of like tooting his own horn where Axl is concerned.   Not that, that's a bad thing cuz hell I would be too if I was that close to him.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I think Baz mentions how many songs Axl has for 2 reasons, A to show everyone that Axl has a catalog of his own and B, hey look at me I have listened to them and they are great sort of thing.  I believe on the  Eddie Trunk show he was talking about the It's So Easy video that he saw and no one else has but we have big_smile  sort of like tooting his own horn where Axl is concerned.   Not that, that's a bad thing cuz hell I would be too if I was that close to him.

Yeah, but he risks a backlash by always 'tooting his own horn'. GNR fans don't want some dude bragging they heard a box set of new material. He talks about it constantly.

Sad that the GNR world needs Baz to show everyone Axl has a catalog of his own.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Surely this will all be done soon. Like if Axl really has that many songs in development, sooner or latter everything has to be straightened out and they release at least something. It will happen...surely...it has to right? i'm not saying really soon or anything - but its been a long time now - and surely they wont wait more years ...

Then again...i think i remember Tommy listening to the 'final mixes' in like 2004 or something....but there has to just be reasons for all this...i mean surely at the end of the day - everyone - even the band want to make music and show people right?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

monkeychow wrote:

Surely this will all be done soon. Like if Axl really has that many songs in development, sooner or latter everything has to be straightened out and they release at least something. It will happen...surely...it has to right?

No, I don't necessarily think so.

I think the whole legal thing is absolute bullshit and just another excuse for Axl not putting the album out.

Baz is a has been and by constantly mentioning Chinese D it's giving him face time with the media. I don't believe for a second that it's legalities still preventing this album from coming out.  I definitely believe  Axl Rose is the only person holding up progress at this point. I don't care what anybody says.

I don't think we can believe anything Baz has to say regarding this album either. The songs that we've heard from him so far prove that his music is unable to speak for itself, so he'll do whatever it takes to try and persuade people to buy his album. And let's face it, the only thing he has going for him is Axl being on his album.

bba

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

BBA did you say you like early Skid Row?

Cos i can get why you don't like these new Baz songs if your not a fan of the style at all. But if you like Slave to the Grind then i can't see how these differ all that much? No offence...just interested....

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

monkeychow wrote:

BBA did you say you like early Skid Row?

Cos i can get why you don't like these new Baz songs if your not a fan of the style at all. But if you like Slave to the Grind then i can't see how these differ all that much? No offence...just interested....

Yeah, I like early Skid Row alot.

I just don't think Baz releasing songs that sound like they're 20 years old is that impressive. I mean, I'm not a diehard VR fan, but I think their music sounds much fresher and more relevant than anything that I've heard from Baz so far.

Back In the Saddle - really disappointing. I think they could have done more to make this song fresh in 2007. To me, it's almost as if it was thrown together in one afternoon. Cool intro but the rest is just really disappointing.

Bitchslap - Great song if it was 1988.

Stuck Inside - One of the worst chorses I have ever heard. Axl's vocals sound good but it still doesn't prevent this song from sucking.

I don't know, I just don't think Axl doing guest vocals on an album like this is going to do anything for his career. And honestly, I think alot of people are trying to act like these songs are better than they are just because Axl has vocals on some of these songs.

bba

Board footer