You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: weird things you are addicted to

Ok I have the strangest addiction.

buying domains!

I bought 4 last night, and 3 on Tuesday.   In the last month, I've bought around 20 of them.   I can't stop! 

Granted they do end up making money so its for a good reason, but everytime I think of a domain I get the uncontrollable urge to buy it, and I have some sitting around I'm never going to use.

what are your weird addictions?

hmmm I don't know if I have any weird addictions.    I used to have an uncontrolable workout addiction, I'd workout everyday and at one point 2 times a day no matter what was going on.   If I had to be somewhere for a family get together or something, I'd literally get mad if I couldn't work out later on that day.

I don't get like that anymore, infact lately I haven't worked out at all for about 2 weeks now.

jac185
 Rep: 3 

jac185 wrote:

Writing.

I've started so many books, projects etc.

I'll be sitting there then suddenly think i've had the best idea ever then a few weeks later i'll be onto something else. I end up finishing so few things.

i just bought two more.  one of them has the word jesus in it smile

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

Do you look at college athletes and try to scoop up their names before they have their people get them?  I've thought about investing like that.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Do you look at college athletes and try to scoop up their names before they have their people get them?  I've thought about investing like that.

That's not a bad idea man. I might have to look into that myself. 22

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
jac185 wrote:

Writing.

I've started so many books, projects etc.

I'll be sitting there then suddenly think i've had the best idea ever then a few weeks later i'll be onto something else. I end up finishing so few things.

I'm sort of the exact opposite. I have been working on the same project on and off for years. If I get a good idea, I'll scribble the basic idea down and throw it in a box. Even if I have writers block, I cant move on to the next thing. I have tried writing other things a couple years ago, but I dropped it.

I am hoping to finish it sometime in the coming year. I may have to take a break from the internet to get it done. I keep threatening to do that and I never do, but it may have to happen for real progress to be made. I'm getting sick of always being on the same project. Even if it never gets published I would just like it to be finished. I had the chance to submit a story for an anthology earlier this year, but of course I missed the deadline. I'm aiming for another one with a deadline in early 08. If it makes the cut, I'll post the story here.

As far as "weird" addictions go, I am addicted to a certain kind of food. Its a Portuguese dish called sopas de carne. They serve it at these pentecostal celebrations every year. The celebrations happen every sunday from the months of may until late august. I'm not even pentecostal, and I don't go to their churches. I was introduced to these events by my dad and grandpa when I was a kid.  Been going ever since, at least when I am living in California. Its a dish that consists of beef, cabbage, and a bunch of spices cooked in a broth and poured over french bread.

I have cooked this dish at home, but it never turns out as good as they make it.

buzzsaw wrote:

no, I pretty much only deal in adult.   but if i was working in mainstream thats actually not a bad idea.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Actually people do that. They buy names of like 8th graders who are ranked in Basketball. 60 minutes did a segment on that. They interviewed like a 14 year old & asked what he thought about someone owning hisname.com. He was like "That's pretty cool" but then they informed him the owner would try to sell it to him for like half million dollars if he ever became great.

Someone bought WarrenSapp.com when the net first took off, and Sapp refused to pay him, so I think his site is Big99.com or Sapp99.com

JimBob I'd be afraid to hear some of the domain names you probably own.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

The video game Starcraft and it's professional competition/leagues in Korea. I love playing the game even though I suck, I love watching professionals duke it out.

The game has so much depth/strategy and is fast paced. People make livings off of it and are very popular if you can get good enough.

Call me dorky, but honestly, addicting game. So much strategy and excitement. Here's some replays if anyone is bored smile.

English Commentary
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kQiTy2qZwjQ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-_3sho3cH1Q

Considered one of the greatest comebacks in any SC game (korean commentary) Definitely worth watching
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zapXZuWhKOQ

And a wiki on some basic info about the pro scene
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft_ … ompetition

Board footer