You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

James wrote:
AxlsMainMan wrote:

This song fucking rules 11

Should be most excellent live.

Good to see you here finally.:mosh:

You're still the only New Radicals fan I've ever seen on these forums, although I did get CC into them recently.:thumbup:

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Party on Garth!

AxlsMainMan
 Rep: 1 

AxlsMainMan wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
AxlsMainMan wrote:

This song fucking rules 11

Should be most excellent live.

Good to see you here finally.:mosh:

You're still the only New Radicals fan I've ever seen on these forums, although I did get CC into them recently.:thumbup:

Communist China?

Haha, that's awesome dude.

I was just listening to their album this morning. "Just Gotta' Stay High" still gives me chills.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I have a hard time imagining this as the lead single. I  dig this track, but I just don't think it's the best choice to kick off the album. Then again I can see why they would choose a heavy song like this because GNR is supposed to have some balls.

I'm sending it to my friend to see his reaction. He is a casual GNR fan so he hasn't followed the CD saga and hasn't heard any of the other leaks.

James

James wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

I have a hard time imagining this as the lead single. I  dig this track, but I just don't think it's the best choice to kick off the album. Then again I can see why they would choose a heavy song like this because GNR is supposed to have some balls.

I'm sending it to my friend to see his reaction. He is a casual GNR fan so he hasn't followed the CD saga and hasn't heard any of the other leaks.

Well, out of the songs we've heard the only realistic single options are CD, Riyadh, and Shackler. The other two songs are ancient and have always been accessible to any fans interested, so they gotta go with Shackler or a song we haven't heard yet.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Have we written off "Better" as a possibility at this point? I'm pretty sure the world at large or whoever's been paying attention so far already thinks that was a single. That said, "Better" is a much stronger choice for single than "Shackler's Revenge," which I think has far more in common with "Oh My God," a song that didn't exactly swoon the general public (although I love it).

James

James wrote:
von wrote:

Have we written off "Better" as a possibility at this point? I'm pretty sure the world at large or whoever's been paying attention so far already thinks that was a single. That said, "Better" is a much stronger choice for single than "Shackler's Revenge," which I think has far more in common with "Oh My God," a song that didn't exactly swoon the general public (although I love it).

In my opinion, the song was tainted by the cease and desist, Harley ad clusterfuck, trying to deny its existence(in "demo" form anyways) while people wanted to hear it.

I think its a bad idea releasing that as a single.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Disagree, Shackler's kills Better in my opinion. Better is actually my least Favorite.  This song destroys Oh My God and I think its the best leak by far.

I sent it to my brother who use to know Bucket was in the band but he isnt a GNR fan. Im gonna see what he thinks.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

wow.....

hated it initially (first 3 listens or so) but people are right that it's a grower - cool song, def growing on me

not convinced this is the song to launch this thing and would like Axls vox on the chorus a little more prominent.

There sure is a hell of a lot of things going on guitar wise, and it's rather a muddy tyoe of mix in parts

im just sceptical that this could be OMG all over again

PS: I see Nesquick is ripping it a new one over at mygnr 14

James

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

im just sceptical that this could be OMG all over again

That's the risk they take by being afraid to unload the album in one shot.

Imagine 1999 with the Oh My God clusterfuck, but with an album release consisting of CITR, CD, The Blues,etc. Wouldn't have set the world on fire, but would have been regarded as more of a success than just dumping Oh My God on the world and then running home when the world didn't love it.

Board footer