You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Baz now claims 4 GNR albums exist

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I meant to mean that it won't move a significant amount more because of Axl.

It wont move a significant amount period. Axl or no Axl. When a hyped album like Kala thats been heavily promoted only gets 18,000 in first week sales, Baz doesn't even have a chance. I predict sales in the 5,000-8,000 range in the first week, and that's being generous.

Hell, J.LO's newest album only sold 50,000.

Since Baz did fund it himself, he should make a decent amount of cash even with low sales like that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James

James wrote:

Axl will probably help increase sales by a few hundred, maybe less. There's a certain percentage of the online communities pretty much guaranteed to buy it since Axl is on it. It might also get a few casual GNR fans to buy it, or at least download the tracks.

It will be interesting to see where it charts.

bringbackadler wrote:
the dirt wrote:

I honestly think that the people that tour with Axl are not "bandmembers", none of them at all.

The only one you can make a case for is Dizzy, but that's simply because he's been there the longest.

Oh, I completely agree with you, the dirt.

I wasn't trying to suggest that all of the guys up on stage were band members except for Dizzy ...

I don't personally see ANY of them as Guns N Roses band members either.

I only see 5 guys as actually being GN'R. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steve. 4 of the 5 of those guys may be ex-members now but they will always be the guys who actually are Guns N Roses to me.

I'm well aware who tours under the band name these days, and they may be able to make some good music together, but I''ll never personally look at them as being anything other than the guys Axl currently has on payroll to tour under the GN'R name.

bba

enjoy living in your fantasy world where you have the authority to decide what is or isn't Guns N' Roses. 16

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:
the dirt wrote:

I honestly think that the people that tour with Axl are not "bandmembers", none of them at all.

The only one you can make a case for is Dizzy, but that's simply because he's been there the longest.

Oh, I completely agree with you, the dirt.

I wasn't trying to suggest that all of the guys up on stage were band members except for Dizzy ...

I don't personally see ANY of them as Guns N Roses band members either.

I only see 5 guys as actually being GN'R. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steve. 4 of the 5 of those guys may be ex-members now but they will always be the guys who actually are Guns N Roses to me.

I'm well aware who tours under the band name these days, and they may be able to make some good music together, but I''ll never personally look at them as being anything other than the guys Axl currently has on payroll to tour under the GN'R name.

bba

enjoy living in your fantasy world where you have the authority to decide what is or isn't Guns N' Roses. 16

Who said anything about authority ?

You're talking about me living in a fantasy world when the truth of the matter is most casual fans would likely agree with my opinion.

In fact, I bet you anything most casual fans (people outside these boards) wouldn't even be able to tell you who the guitar players in GN'R are these days. 

Now, do you really want to talk fantasy ?  16

bba

YOU do not decide who is Guns N' Roses.  You do not own the name.   You do not make that call.

James

James wrote:

To play devil's advocate, you cant blame the members for not being household names. It all comes down to promotion, and the band itself hasn't been promoted properly. Yeah the GNR name is on the bill, but there has been no promotional strategy(yet) to let Joe Blow know who is in the band.

An example would be VH. If VH hadn't promoted the hell out of Wolfgang, no one would know who that kid is on stage. At some point, GNR is going to have to use a similar srategy.

Jameslofton wrote:

To play devil's advocate, you cant blame the members for not being household names. It all comes down to promotion, and the band itself hasn't been promoted properly. Yeah the GNR name is on the bill, but there has been no promotional strategy(yet) to let Joe Blow know who is in the band.

An example would be VH. If VH hadn't promoted the hell out of Wolfgang, no one would know who that kid is on stage. At some point, GNR is going to have to use a similar srategy.

theres been some.  they have a myspace profile, the website has small writeups on some of the new members, those who saw GnR on tour last year and this year are also familiar with the new guys.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

YOU do not decide who is Guns N' Roses.  You do not own the name.   You do not make that call.

Dude, who said that I was able to decide who's in GN'R ?  You're being ridiculous.  16

Like I already said, most people wouldn't be able to tell you that Robin Finck was a guitar player in GN'R. If you can't accept that reality, write a letter to Axl whining that he needs to do a better job at promoting them. I'm not saying that it's Robin and Fortus' fault that people don't know who they are after all these years, but it's still the way that it is.

bba

bringbackadler wrote:

bba

Board footer