You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: The Reason Behind The Delay Of "Chinese Democracy"....?

"The true ongoing behind-the-scenes triumphs and casualties are much more complicated than any negative speculation that media or otherwise has managed to hit upon. For much of the time some form or another of legalities have been taking place that really the best way to deal with publicly was to keep our mouths shut in an attempt to ensure the best outcome and especially one that wouldn't jeopardize the band or the album."

Amazing how in one statement we have justification for GNR both communicating and not communicating with it's fans 16

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I haven't forgot Axl's statement. The 2007 tour was extremely hypocritical considering they supposedly canceled those shows to complete the album. They never should have been on a stage until the album was in stores.

And in February we got that statement that Del issued that said all recording is done, right?

My point is that Axl himself said we'd be notified as soon as possible if a delay or if anything stood in the way as well as a new release date, right?

I take that to mean an OFFICIAL update.  Not one from Mysteron who posts at HTGTH and is very vague.

I don't care if he's friends with Axl.  The fact remains if Axl can issue that letter and also if Del can say the recording is done, then surely we should get an official update to whether or not the album is in the hands of the record company and if it is, what delays are caused by this if the ball is in their court. 

Maybe the whole ball is in their court thing is what I don't buy.  That statement right there seems to me someone is trying awfully hard to sound like they are in the know when like I said, it has been all over the forums that the record company has been holding up the release and because Mysteron says it we are supposed to take it as gospel? 

I am not believing anything until I get an official update.  And even if Axl were to officially update us I am not so sure I'd even buy what he says considering he's stretched the truth on many occasions so I hope we get something official from Uni.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

they could have used those dates in January to work on the album.   Supposedly it was in mixing by February, so I believe they were in the studio in January and I believe what Mysteron is saying.

I'm not saying they didn't use those dates to record. I don't remember the quotes and I don't want to put words in BBF's mouth, but he mentioned recording somewhere in that timeframe. It was when he mentioned how alot of the rhythm was stale and he was rerecording it.

I just think it was absurd to tour again after making such a statement. Since the tickets weren't selling, they could have easily condensed the four shows in to two and had close to sell out shows.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

Well, if Uni has the album, won't they say something?  What reasons do they have to not say at least this:

"We have Chinese Democracy now and we hope to release it in the next year".

They have nothing to lose if the ball is in their court.

If they have it then can't they say anything they want and end all this secrecy/silent treatment bullshit?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Abbey_Road wrote:

Well, if Uni has the album, won't they say something?  What reasons do they have to not say at least this:

"We have Chinese Democracy now and we hope to release it in the next year".

They have nothing to lose if the ball is in their court.

If they have it then can't they say anything they want and end all this secrecy/silent treatment bullshit?

Why would they, it's not the labels job to announce stuff like that. They don't do it for other bands as far as I'm aware so I doubt they'd do it in this case either.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

^ Mysteron is a conduct which Guns N' Roses occasionally communicate with their fans through...

So yes it warrants a thread as it is news on what they feel the problem is, whether you believe or dis-believe what he says.

Has has Mister On every been right?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.  If you make enough guesses, you're bound to be right sooner or later.

To answer your question: no.

echrisl
 Rep: 0 

echrisl wrote:

IF this were true, then the only reason that would make sense is the record company being unhappy with the album ...

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

^ Mysteron is a conduct which Guns N' Roses occasionally communicate with their fans through...

So yes it warrants a thread as it is news on what they feel the problem is, whether you believe or dis-believe what he says.

Exactly.

Aside from being able to get pre-sale tickets, I've never known this guy to be able to give any useful or correct information.

I could guess the same shit he does, and probably be right more often.  16

bba

AtariLegend wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

His Prophecies maybe aren't always accurate (to say the least), but he does give a clear idea of Guns N' Roses believe or want us to believe is going on...

So it tells us something....

^^^ And Buzzsaw he isn't entirely blind, he does get his information from somewhere, likely somewhere close to No. 1. waxlchrist.jpg

Board footer