You are not logged in. Please register or login.

JIP
 Rep: 10 

Re: your current tracklisting

JIP wrote:

1-Rhiad And The Bedouins
2-If The World
3-Song#2
4-Shackler's Revenge
5-Better
6-Better (short version)
7-Chinese Fuckin' Democracy
8-The Blues
9-Madagascar
10-CITR
11-TWAT
12-OMG
13-Silkworms

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:

01. Chinese (how can this not be the first track?)
02. If the World
03. Better (added minor intro and outro)
04. JFK Presidential Address buried within Buckethead's "Shackler"
05. Shackler's Revenge (assumed)
06. Catcher in the Rye (prelude and exit with quotes from the audio book)
07. Rhiadh
08. Madagascar
09. George Carlin religious commentary
10. Oh My God
11. The Blues
12. Back in the Saddle (Angel Down; with prelude of quotes from the film "Network")
13. Prostitute/Message For You
14. IRS
15. TWAT

I'd shove in Silkworms if I could make it sound semi-professional.  Hours wasted... and what is with that 1-minute clip leak?  Starting at 40 seconds you can start to hear the same last 3 notes from the end of "Song 2" leak's ending.......  anyone talk about that yet or am I just imagining things?

On my CD, Better, Catcher, Maddy, The Blues, IRS and TWAT are all a little faster (6%) than the leaks.  Sometimes I just do that to give the songs some "fresh".  Kill me, but I've done that to NR and Estranged also. wink

Thanks to all in the forum.  Seems like an intelligent bunch here, and I apologize in advance for not fitting that mold.  Keep up the great work - I always enjoy reading what you all have to say.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
evads wrote:

01. Chinese (how can this not be the first track?)
02. If the World
03. Better (added minor intro and outro)
04. JFK Presidential Address buried within Buckethead's "Shackler"
05. Shackler's Revenge (assumed)
06. Catcher in the Rye (prelude and exit with quotes from the audio book)
07. Rhiadh
08. Madagascar
09. George Carlin religious commentary
10. Oh My God
11. The Blues
12. Back in the Saddle (Angel Down; with prelude of quotes from the film "Network")
13. Prostitute/Message For You
14. IRS
15. TWAT

Interesting tracklist you got there, and an odd choice of interludes, but we know there are supposed to be some, and that's definitely a creative list you compiled.

I wouldn't have a Baz track within a light year of this album, and would probably jump out of a window if Back in the Saddle was on the album.

Thanks to all in the forum.  Seems like an intelligent bunch here, and I apologize in advance for not fitting that mold.  Keep up the great work - I always enjoy reading what you all have to say.

You fit in perfectly. Welcome to the forum.:mosh:

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:
bigbri wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Well I don't see any reason to always spell a word wrong. Seems pointless. (and makes me think people aren't aware of the capital of Saudi Arabia).

Nice pun, madagas.

I was more or less making fun of all the arguments about the spelling through the years.

On the set list, as Neemo points out. Rock isn't known for its spelling aficionados. Def Leppard? Motley Crue? Are you gonna be pissed if Axl spells it like that on CD?

Yeah but it's a fact that Axl's a hell of a lot more writery than your average rocker. He's probably up there with Bruce Dickinson as one of the intellectual rockers, people just don't see it because of all the crazy shit that goes with. Remember the OMG press release from 1999? That was more complex than anything I read for A-Levels! I will be very surprised if it isn't spelleed Riyadh. 

1.  IRS
2.  Madagascar
3.  Silkworms
4.  (Love Is) A Bitchslap
5.  Riyadh and the Bedouins
6.  If the World
7.  Chinese Democracy
8.  There Was a Time
9.  Message for You
10. Back in the Saddle
11. Stuck Inside
12. Oh My God
13. Catcher in the Rye
14. The Blues
15. Better

That's insane to look at. It's so weird to think that we've actually got all this shit. Remember back in march 2004 when we were getting a release date within 3 months and we had OMG and Silkworms? Man.

16) Oh My God (Live at RIR 2001)

Yuck!

18) Axl Speech (Osaka 2007)

Tokkkyyyoooo! errr....Osaaakaaaa! That was embarassing. I'm an idiot.

Axl S wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

To Axl S: What's Axl's speech at Osaka 2007 all about? Haven't heard that, sounds interesting. smile

It's at the end of the show. He just thanks everyone who supported them on the 2007 leg of the tour and talks about releasing CD although all he says is he "wants to get this motherfucker out."

Yeah except that was before 'I don't know if soon is the word' and the 2006 Bucket interviews where apparently Bucket said it was Axl's plan/assumption all along that he wouldn't get the first album out for years. In 2006 Bucket said it would be 2008. I wonder how much truth there is in that and whether the band were/are aware.

UntiedLaces wrote:

OK well it seems unanimous that CD is first track on most peoples lists....However... if we have to wait fourteen years for an album, then fuckers, we want a goddamned box set - nothin' less. We want every version of every track on its own disc.  So disc One will be every version known to man of Chinese Democracy, including the Radio Shack recorder version of Ax in his bedroom alone with the acoustic guitar. Disc number two is every version of Rhiad. Mean it. We waited long enough we want every version. Even Tom Zutauts. We want specific artwork for each disc and song. We want a poster, and board schematics from the studio. We want it sold in a KFC bucket. We want Ax's hand written diary of the whole project. Personally signed - not done by that forging jerk Goldstein [my copy of Ravioli Incident is apparently worthless, and I know someone who lost a breast due to it being a phony signature.] I want a map of the world showing where every leak has gone to and come from. Screw the cost of this we have been saving for fourteen years. Charge what you like. Stack it next to Hannah Montana. We'll be there. And then we want to be able to put whatever song in which ever version from which ever disc in which ever order we chose on whatever day. We want to exercise true Chinese Democracy.

LMFAO! That's hilarious and I concur! I want the fucking studio blueprints too. The first 1000 gnronline preorders should come with a piece of the chicken coop and smell like the dog shit Bucket left on the studio floor for a week. And the next 50 preorders should come with a sweaty football jersey worn by Axl on the 2002 tour plus a set of his horrible white sneakers and a single hair braid.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I've "expanded" on my Track List and made a 5 Disc Deluxe Set with the fifth disc as a bonus DVD tongue

Disc 1: Chinese Democracy "The Album"

1) Shackler's Revenge
2) Oh My God
3) If The World
4) Chinese Democracy
5) Better
6) The Bluees
7) Madagascar
8) Rhiad and The Bedouins
9) Message For You
10) There Was A Time
11) Catcher in the Rye
12) IRS

Disc 2: Chinese Democracy "The Bonus Tracks"

1) Silkworms (Live at HOB 2001 Vegas)
2) Rhiad and the Bedouins Live 2002 World Tour
3) IRS 1999 Demo
4) There Was A Time 1999 Demo
5) Better Instrumental
6) IRS Instrumental
7) IRS Inland Invasion Live 2006

Disc 3: Chinese Democracy "That One Night In Boston 2002"

1) Introduction
2) WTTJ
3) ISO
4) Mr Brownstone
5) LALD
6) KOHD
7) Think About You
8) YCBM
9) Finck Guitar SOlo
10) SCOM
11) OTGM
12) Axl Speech
13) Madagascar
14) Axl Piano SOlo
15) Piano Solo/November Rain

Disc 4: Chinese Democracy "That One Night In Boston 2002 Part 2"

1) Band Intro
2) Guitar Solo
3) Rocket Queen
4) The Blues
5) Chinese Democracy
6) Patience
7) Axl Speech 2
8) My Michelle
9) Nightrain
10) Buckethead Solo
11) Paradise City

Disc 5: Chinese Democracy "The Video Chronicles"

1) GN'R VMA 2002
2) Rock Am Ring 2006 - Robin Solo and Better
3) Rock Am Ring 2006 - The Blues
4) Rock Am Ring 2006 - November Rain
5) Rosklide 2006 - It's So Easy

There done. If there are any suggestions for changes or extra discs they are welcome tongue

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

nothing too interesting here, but since i thought about this for about an hour when i was putting it together over the weekend, i figured i'd share...

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Shackler's Revenge
3. Better
4. If the World
5. Catcher in the Rye
6. IRS
7. New Song #2
8. Rhiad and the Bedouins
9. Madagascar
10. The Blues
11. TWAT

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

So with Shackler's, here's what i got.

Chinese Democracy
Rhiad
Shackler's Revenge
If the World
Better
The Blues
Song 2
IRS
Maddy
TWAT

I think it flows nice.  I love the order of the opening 5 songs, and then IRS, Maddy and TWAT close it out pretty good.  Could switch Song 2 and The Blues around.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Disc One : Chinese Democracy (The album)

12) IRS

IRS as the closing track on Chinese Democracy? I hope thats a joke 18

JordanRose wrote:

16) Oh My God (Live at RIR 2001)

Yuck!

Oh My God at Rio III was killer. I'd take that over half of the leaks.

Someone on this board mentioned a demo of OMG with Buckethead being hoarded. Would love to see this surface one day. But thats another topic for another day, and quite frankly any topic mentioning hoarders and demos has a tendency to derail itself these days 16

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:

I really like your tracklist, Saikin.

It's rare I sign in, but I saw your post and liked it, so I decided to comment.  We've had so many teasers (leaks) to this point, and finally we can make a full CD for ourselves.  Thank all I don't have to use Silkworms as a filler.... oh wait!

I finally made Silkworms (Rio) not sound like crap thanks to Audacity, harmonics and manipulated-backwards-counting mandarin-speakers, and I stuck it in between Song 2 and IRS at the end of my CD before the perfect ending - TWAT.  The outro of Song 2 and the leaked intro of Silkworms (assuming it is real) mold well together, and I luckily made it stick somehow.  The song doesn't suck (so much)!

Has anyone noticed the 3-note thing I mentioned - same 3 notes at the end of Song 2 and the leaked intro to Silkworms?  Am I insane?  I swear it is the same damn thing - with the exception of some synth behind it.  Am I STILL DRUNK, or is it the exact same f-ing thing!?

I really love Song 2, though I know it doesn't strike well with everyone on the boards.  The last 4 leaks are amazing - all of them... and I look forward to more news every day.  But until then, at least we have something special to bury in our minds, right?

Thanks James - for the kind words.  I enjoy reading everyone's posts here on GNR Evolution.  Sorry about "Back in the Saddle" but I just love that song, though I'm also glad it is not likely to be on the album.  I want all original GNR my friend!  Give me Atlas, General, This I Love, Sorry, Seven, and anything else I can get!  After all the incredible things we've heard this year, who doesn't want more new songs?  So far, it's worth the wait.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

OMG at Rio III was as good as anything Guns has ever done live.

ROCKIN!

Board footer