You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: **Kevin Cogill Who Leaked 9 GnR Songs Arrested Today**

James wrote:

Ahh, was wondering when and what band a new Napster type fiasco would unravel. I shouldn't even be surprised it wound up being GNR. Smart move Axl. You and your yes men just alienated a huge chunk of the only people who were guaranteed to buy the record on release day.

Cant wait to see how that pans out.

This album is D.O.A. Not only do hardcores hate this shit, but so do casual music fans.

Oh, and don't be surprised if more leaks happen and they come in bigger waves. Hoarders are hardcore fans as well, and the last thing you want to do is piss off a fan with your precious songs.

How in the fuck did they not learn from Metallica's mistake? Hell, Metallica pulled that stunt before downloading was common. How they could pull this stunt in the current era is just bizarre and a case of them shooting themselves.

Oh well. They'll get their reality check courtesy of a Billboard sales chart.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, Metallica attacks internet file sharers and releases an album full of demos. If CD as a finished version sounds remotely similar to these 9 tracks we shall call it St Anger 2.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

To agree with the stance of a few of you, I do believe if they're going to start coming down on everybody, it will change some of our opinions about Axl. We are the die-hards, the last fans standing if you will. We're so hungry for this mystery known as Chinese Democracy, that we're eating up all of these little leaks to keep our hunger. Axl has taken a very very big risk in waiting so long to release the album and even bigger risks by announcing release dates and then pulling it. But here we are, still waiting. We haven't jumped the Guns ship, which is remarkable considering how Axl keeps fucking with us. I think we deserve these leaks, because we all know we'd still be buying the album anyway.

And yes Russ, it's the suits that are going after this guy, not personally Axl, but if he stepped in and said he didn't want to press charges, believe that the charges would be dropped.

That's my 2 cents.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I really hope Reznor comments on this fiasco. Its so absurd that I cant imagine him keeping his mouth shut for long.

Not only is this band in the 90's musically, they are also living in the 90's in their comprehension of the internet and the vast p2p communities.

As each day passes, we see why the revolving door will never stop revolving.  Being in the band requires living in some sort of fantasy land.

Note to Azoff: Don't allow Shackler's Revenge to be released on Itunes. It will fail. If you really want this record out, write off Shackler as a loss in the non gaming world.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

I agree Russ....this could be Uni's doing.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Consider:

1. The label may be doing this. It's their property, technically.
1. A - IP holders HAVE TO go after things like this or it creates for them more problems - your IP weakens if you doin't enforce it.
2. This may be to stop more leakers.
3. This may not go anywhere - it might be as much of a threat as it is a publicity thing.
4. Oh come on - you're going to download the CD now because the label is trying to stop pirating and it might be coming out at Best Buy or Wal-Mart?
Come on folks.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm not ready to jump all over GNRs case on this. I'd rather wait a day or two and see what pans out.

I haven't written them off or anything. My whole post was a big "if Guns see this thing through" type of deal.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I decided not to buy this record months ago, but I feel backed after reading this. How lame. I think when you have much more lawsuits in a decade than relased songs(!), then it's time to give up your career as a musician, enjoy your money and watch Court TV all day long.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

You make a good point Gagarin. But on the other hand EVERY album leaks. Usually not this far in advance but still. It's pretty odd that GnR happens to be the band they are pursuing it over.

Now, the label does have alot more money invested in this album than others, but its pretty ridiculous for them to think this Skwerl guy is going to prevent them from recouping their $13 million.

Board footer