You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Re: Slash's Reaction to GN'R leaker!!!!

Acquiesce wrote:

I don't think Slash is necessarily defending with Axl. I am sure many musicians out there would be bothered by something like this. I think Slash was speaking as a musician and not in defense of Axl.

I also don't think Slash is being a hypocrite. Yeah, he stole in the past but that doesn't mean he can't change his views on stealing as he got older and wiser. Most people have done something stupid when they were younger than they would no longer agree with as they grew up.

TheMole wrote:

I dunno. Spreading released songs on the internet is something that is bound to happen, not something they control. Spreading a pre-release leak is something that you have to take care of within your own organisation. Not mr. Skwerl should be in jail, but the guy who gave him the tracks. All skwerl did was distribute them to a wider audience, he didn't leak them - he shouldn't have had them in the first place.

I think they are going after Skwerl to get him to give up the person who gave him the tracks. They can offer him a plea deal where he gets off with a slap on the wrist if he tells them how he got the tracks.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Considering the fact Slash is a former junkie & record thief, I think Kevin can take that as a compliment.

Best of luck to you and Perla in that giant holier than thou mountain of yours.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

slash was broke as hell when he was younger...

anyway i think people are reading things outta context here

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Slash stole music that was already released for his OWN use - the leaker has stolen unreleased stuff and given it to hundreds if not thousands of people that may now never buy it. If slash had been stealing CDs and distributing them instead of learning guitar from them it would be the same.

As was said above..i think most musicans will come out in support of axl on this one.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
JIP wrote:

and that's weird...'cause he can't play TWAT outro solo....

LOL.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

monkeychow wrote:

Slash stole music that was already released for his OWN use - the leaker has stolen unreleased stuff and given it to hundreds if not thousands of people that may now never buy it. If slash had been stealing CDs and distributing them instead of learning guitar from them it would be the same.

As was said above..i think most musicans will come out in support of axl on this one.

Don't kid yourself into thinking GNR wouldn't sue us all if they could win and could make it profitable. In my mind what Skewrl did was better than Slash, because he was given tracks and then he passed them on. Unlike Slash, who went into a place of business and then took things. It's not like Skewrl went into Axl's house and took shit. He was obviously just given it from someone else. And someone else got it from someone else, etc, until someone was given it by Fernando.

Sky Dog wrote:

this is out of control...ridiculous in so many ways (not your post CC), just....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Communist China wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Don't kid yourself into thinking GNR wouldn't sue us all if they could win and could make it profitable. In my mind what Skewrl did was better than Slash, because he was given tracks and then he passed them on. Unlike Slash, who went into a place of business and then took things. It's not like Skewrl went into Axl's house and took shit. He was obviously just given it from someone else. And someone else got it from someone else, etc, until someone was given it by Fernando.

Totally agree 100%

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

There's a difference between Slash stealing a record that is readily available from the store and people downloading material that isn't even released yet.

I think that's what he meant by stealing.  Then again, it's also what Metallica said with the whole "I Disappear" fiasco.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
JIP wrote:

and that's weird...'cause he can't play TWAT outro solo....

U are right, He can't play something that crappy and generic.

Slash playing at the end of TWAT would actually make that song listenable.

Board footer