You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Sebastian Bach - "there aren't 4 albums"

faldor wrote:

Sebastian Bach just finished up an interview on Sirius Faction 28 on the Jason Ellis show.  He was asked about Axl.  He said that he was doing great and that he had heard what he thought were 4 albums worth of material ready for release back in January 2007.  He said that he spoke to Axl just last week and that he told him that he didn't have 4 albums ready for release and to please stop saying that when talking about the album.  He said he's focussing on the one album and that it will be out when he's ready to release it.

I got excited for a minute, I thought Sebastian was gonna give an actual date, but not to be.

So take that for what it's worth.  Nothing groundbreaking, but for anyone who bought into the 4 simultaneous album story, sorry.  Speaking of "Sorry", he did reittirate that the song would be on the album.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its about time axl told him to shut up....now hes running his mouth about being told to stop running his mouth

canadians talk too much, geez 16

I think most people realized that there were not 4 albums worth of material so it didn't surprise me.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah I think we did all assume that 4 albums weren't gonna be released at once or in quick succession, it is funny though how Axl had to tell him to stop saying that when he's talking about the record.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

He said the same recently about SR. Baz said he knew about that a good month or so before it was announced but Axl had told him to STFU and not go blabbing like usual 16

We'll never get 4 albums of material from this band in (cue buzz word) a legally released form, it's a pipe dream. The release and aftermath of CD is too big of a factor to have a 4 album plan in the works before one album's out. Whatever GNR does or doesn't do after CD's released pretty much solely depends on how CD is received, not how many tracks Axl has left in his vault.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Obviously there is more than one album. Why the hell else is Baz going around saying it? I doubt he grabs shit out of thin air.

If those "four" albums are ready for release, or even completed, is another question. The plans and songs are definitely there though. In some form or another.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Exactly...polluxlm....there's a huge difference between "I don't have four albums READY for release" and "I don't have four albums". I actually kinda see this as bad news - as it means there is a huge supply of 'unfinished' or 'unworthy' songs Axl will sit on for who knows how long. Think of the gems that we might never hear. There could be more SRs or Catchers just living on an HDD somewhere for decades.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

There is more than one album, certainly.

"There's two records that the majority of the music's done, and the majority of the vocals are done. And there's another half of a record that's being worked on.

[...] There's songs we're still shuffling around, I mean we recorded about two and a half, three albums worth of material. So, there's still stuff that's gonna bounce between one and two." (Axl, Eddie Trunk show, 05/05/06)

But it's good for Axl to just release CD itself and worry about the sequels later.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I just hope one day we get to hear everything...which if CD doesn't sell well we may not sad still hopefully CD will be sucessful and then we'll get more.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

When he gets ready to release it?

Good God, we're never getting this thing.

Board footer