You are not logged in. Please register or login.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

Re: Sebastian Bach - "there aren't 4 albums"

strat0 wrote:

I forsee maybe 2 albums if one comes out this year and one in 2010 maybe. By that time he would have sorted through the other demos and songs that he's written and maybe another album for 2012(Grad year woot)? although by the time ou add tours in there it would be 2011 and 2014 or so...That's just what I see happening, but when W. Axl  Rose is invovlved you can expect the unexpected, and unreleased lol

I would be happy with one album.:mosh:

Sky Dog wrote:

Ax also said he was working on 32 songs in early 2006-Rolling Stone. That isn't 4 albums worth of material.....just about 2 and a half. Either way, I would like to hear all 32 at some point, however they release it. Baz is your stereotypical embellisher.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

if bach said he heard what he thought was four albums worth of material ready for release in january '07 then at that point he was listening to a lot of very close to finished songs at least. we can also assume that axl was talking about the music to him that same night. he wouldn't have walked away with the wrong impression about the amount of finsihed/finishable songs. so, unless bach was completely lying about the details of that party pertaining to hearing a bunch of the gnr tracks, the "three to four" albums worth of finished material claim still holds water. if he was lying about that then how do we know he is telling the truth now when he says there is only one album worth of material being worked for the release? maybe axl doesn't want people to expect what isn't gonna happen and that is why he told bach to shut up. or maybe he wants it to be a surprise to the rest of the potential buyers that haven't heard the trilogy rumors. axl has had plenty of time to work on more songs since january of '07. if a reunion is in the contract it wouldn't be a surprise to me if axl released every decent song that wasn't a potential project for the original guys to rework. a multiple disc release becomes likely in that instance. i am not getting my hopes up though.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Oh I believe there are 3-4 albums worth of material, and I believe Sebastian heard that material.  He just jumped the gun and assumed they would all be released, if not at once, in pretty quick succession.  Sebastian said that awhile back though, I wonder why Axl waited until last week to tell him to cool it with that?  Maybe they don't talk all that often these days, as Baz is on tour and such.  Or maybe the 4 album thing was a plan at one point.  I doubt it though, Baz probably just heard what he thought were finished songs and came to his own conclusions.  He was clear that Axl is focussed on the ONE album at the very least.  There's obviously more material that could be released down the line, but we've got to take step 1 first.

Just to clarify a few things.  Sebastian said it's 100% true that Axl told him that he doesn't have 4 albums ready for release and when he talks about the album to say that he has one record done that he's super proud of and he'll get it out as soon as he can.  The DJ also asked him why Axl doesn't go on TV and fight Flavor-Flav (alluding to Baz's many celeb-reality show appearances).  Baz said that Axl "doesn't give a fuck about TV dude", that he's old school, sort of like a rocker in the 70's back when there was mystery to musicians.  Then the DJ makes fun of Axl and says that he should hang out in the real world sometime because he can't stay secluded forever, and if you stay in "awesome world" you become stagnant and end up braiding your hair.  It was pretty funny.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:

There's obviously more material that could be released down the line, but we've got to take step 1 first.

For more than a decade...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:

There's obviously more material that could be released down the line, but we've got to take step 1 first.

For more than a decade...

Not so fast.  Step one is not complete yet, so we may surpass that decade.  Hold on tight!

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
faldor wrote:

Oh I believe there are 3-4 albums worth of material, and I believe Sebastian heard that material.  He just jumped the gun and assumed they would all be released, if not at once, in pretty quick succession.  Sebastian said that awhile back though, I wonder why Axl waited until last week to tell him to cool it with that?  Maybe they don't talk all that often these days, as Baz is on tour and such.  Or maybe the 4 album thing was a plan at one point.  I doubt it though, Baz probably just heard what he thought were finished songs and came to his own conclusions.  He was clear that Axl is focussed on the ONE album at the very least.  There's obviously more material that could be released down the line, but we've got to take step 1 first.

Just to clarify a few things.  Sebastian said it's 100% true that Axl told him that he doesn't have 4 albums ready for release and when he talks about the album to say that he has one record done that he's super proud of and he'll get it out as soon as he can.  The DJ also asked him why Axl doesn't go on TV and fight Flavor-Flav (alluding to Baz's many celeb-reality show appearances).  Baz said that Axl "doesn't give a fuck about TV dude", that he's old school, sort of like a rocker in the 70's back when there was mystery to musicians.  Then the DJ makes fun of Axl and says that he should hang out in the real world sometime because he can't stay secluded forever, and if you stay in "awesome world" you become stagnant and end up braiding your hair.  It was pretty funny.

obviously only axl envisions what these "unfinished" songs will sound like in their final form but they would have to be 'next to finished if bach is hearing what he thinks are finished tracks and axl is showing them off without explaining that they are not finished.

i think, yes, a multiple album release was a possibility at one point but it isn't gonna happen and now that the cd is getting close, axl doesn't want people to get their hopes up for something bigger than current plan and so any talk from bach (nice rhyme) about 3/4 albums needed to stop.

i am saying this not because bach said so. we all know how axl likes to be spontaneous and give us "surprises" and so he could have told bach to shut up for that reason.

i know it will be one album cause azoff already said they would have to switch certain tracks around to keep the album clean if they decided to do a walmart release. a trilogy would certainly have explicit lyrics and they would not even be talking to wal mart about it's release.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

That's funny how the DJ says Axl should go on TV and at the same time says Axl should come out into the real world.

I think we all have a distored view of what the real world is - cause we experience it everyday, and it's hard for us to imagine Axl brushing his teeth, sleeping in, grabing Taco Bell, and procrastinating his ass off because of something was bothering him.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

So Baz goes and runs his mouth about being told not to run his mouth... hmm... Axl, a sign maybe bud?

ANYWAYS, everyone knew there was no way they'd put out 4 albums worth of material. At least not at once. This band has an epic issue of just putting out one.

Although I would hope that once the train got a rollin' they could see a fast track release, which even Axl has alluded to.

Maybe CD I in 2008, CD II in 2009, CD III in 2010, and CD IV in 2012. Maybe in the down time somewhere in there, possibly some kind of new live album or EP or both could be released to tide fans over for the fourth album.

Understand also, music can change ALOT in that span of time. What is potentially on CD I, Axl might be ready for release at this point. And maybe CD II also. But by the time CD III rolls around and especially CD IV, the music landscape might have changed to a point, that Mr. W. Axl Perfectionist will want to go back and totally re-record the third and fourth albums to modernize their sound.

In theory.

In reality, most of the leaks we've heard sound DATED already. So I wouldn't see a big issue in just putting all of it out there, and fast.

Then there's the possibility of a reunion, and from everything we know about Axl, and everything we've seen in the past... all a reunion would do is push back future albums. He's not going to do anything fresh with Slash & co., all he would want to do is just re-record everything, like always, and have Slash, Duff, and maybe Izzy go in there and make the stuff their own, with his lyrics and 'some' instrumental direction staying the same. Most likely the CD songs would suddenly have a 'bluesy' sound with the vocals sounding more like the Illusions. Most of these songs we've already heard sound like UYI III, especially songs like The Blues, TWAT & IRS.

Board footer