You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Slash's Reaction to GN'R leaker!!!!

Mikkamakka wrote:

OMFG, Slash criticises the leakers, and Axlites come and attack him for that. That's the real hypocrisy.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

OMFG, Slash criticises the leakers, and Axlites come and attack him for that. That's the real hypocrisy.

Wouldn't the hypocrisy be the Slashites who've downloaded the leaks attacking the Axlites?:haha:

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

This thread is getting out of hand, its good to see that we now have our share of bitter Slash bashers - maybe we should let that other site know so they can come and spew their nonsense here as well.

OK, Slash nicked a few records to learn guitar from when he was a teen or whatever. You should probably thank him because if he didnt you probably wouldnt have a GNR website to complain about him on.

I suppose that none of you guys that bash him downloaded the leaks?

Huh? You totally are missing the point, mainly because your beloved Slash is getting tried and hanged for what he said.

Because he's a fucking hypocrite.

Slash is saying that downloading material is wrong and illegal, and yet he stole albums from stores back in the day, which is WORSE.

We downloaded UNRELEASED leaks, and NONE OF US are judging each other. The only person giving us a hard time is SLASH. Even Axl hasn't even given us a hard time, and it's fucking AXL.

You're trying to turn the argument back around on us, and that's fine... but the difference is we didn't open up our fat mouths. Slash did.

Most everyone here, and across the galaxy have hoped they go easy on Cogill, just because we're not nazis.

To suggest that Slash is getting tried and hanged for stealing Rocks or whatever as a kid is a little farfetched perhaps, but amusing. Do you think that Steven Tyler going to take him to court or get a SWAT team on his house?

Hes not 'beloved' to me, I was just suggesting that its ridiculous for all the people who dislike Slash for whatever reason swoop on him and condemn him for whatever reason they can find. That kind of behaviour is the main reason we stick to this site because its not usually the main topic of conversation.

I'm certainly not judging anyone for downloading the leaks, if we didnt have them this site would be dead on the whole. As for Slash, hes speaking on behalf of everyone who gets paid to release music and he does have a valid point - you dont want to work for free do you? Kudos to him for also managing to promote his old band far more than theyve ever managed for nigh on 15 years.

I'm amused to see that you say that Axl hasnt given us fans a hard time. Hes pretty much blamed us on several ocassions for the album never coming out. Those same people who bought him his hermit hideaway in Malibu. If he could do his job properly you wouldnt have people like Skwerl trying to do it for him and give us, the fans, what he is unwilling to do himself. 19

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Bringing up what Slash did as a child is just fucking retarded. He was a kid. You didn't steal or do anything wrong when you were younger? Get the fuck over it.

We got to face facts. What the guy did was wrong. What we did was wrong. No matter how much we wanted to hear the songs or how much people thought they were owed the songs. Slash is just expressing his thoughts and you can't put what he did as a kid against him. That is reaching a little too far.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Bringing up what Slash did as a child is just fucking retarded. He was a kid. You didn't steal or do anything wrong when you were younger? Get the fuck over it.

We got to face facts. What the guy did was wrong. What we did was wrong. No matter how much we wanted to hear the songs or how much people thought they were owed the songs. Slash is just expressing his thoughts and you can't put what he did as a kid against him. That is reaching a little too far.

I agree 100% BLS, I'm glad someone sees it the same way. All the posts I've read the last few days have left me a little lost for words. The number of people across the community trying to justify illegally downloading like they are the ones in the right has been jaw dropping. I'm not going to say Skwerl is getting what he deserved as we don't know the punishment yet, but he personally hosted those tracks on his site and having come from the industry must have known what the consequences (whilst unlikely) could be. I personally hope Skwerl gets nothing more than a slapped wrist or fine at most, he doesn't deserve jail time and I suspect he won't get any, the whole operation is more likely about trying to find the leak from within Universal not pinning the whole thing on Skwerl.

Slash's response probably mirrors the opinions of most of the music industry, labels and artists alike, all their incomes will have taken a serious downturn due to illegal downloading. Is it any wonder they're pissed? As for bringing up something Slash did 25 years ago when he had no money and was practically living on the streets and comparing it to this is ridiculous. You can't realistically hold someone to their actions when they were young stupid and desperate and if/when their opinion changes 25 years later call them a hypocrite, it's lunacy, but I suppose some people will use any excuse to have a pop.

You know what's funny, though?

If it was about Axl instead of Slash people would be shitting on him regardless of what might have happened in the past.

With that said, I'm not saying that it's right to blame or judge anyone in this or any other subject related to the matter - I'm just trying to understand why there are different "rules" for different people when the situation is the same.

It's so stupid.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

not only that i'm sure slash didnt come out and admit to the FBI or LAPD that he just stole a bunch of cassette tapes....

thats the part i dont get, he blatantly comes out and says yep i tried to fuck over gnr and universal...like cmon

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

You know what's funny, though?

If it was about Axl instead of Slash people would be shitting on him regardless of what might have happened in the past.

Really? I don't see that. People bash axl for things like not putting out an album for more than a decade while saying every few years that it was almost done, going on late, cancelling shows, grabbing control of the name through dubious means, not respecting the orignal band's input by trying to downgrade them to employess and the like. All of which he seems to have done.

For the record I love axl's work and think he is totally amazing. I'm no hater...i'm just saying appart from the muppets who have a go at his dress sence or hair or weight on youtube - and there's always some monkies like that on the net - I don't see Axl get bashed for a lot of stuff that he isn't actually actively doing.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

There's an obvious bias, but it's an age old TIRED argument that I won't get into.

If it was Axl making those comments, they'd have his face buried in the pillow and riding his ass ALL - NIGHT - LONG.

And you know it.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Wouldn't the hypocrisy be the Slashites who've downloaded the leaks attacking the Axlites?:haha:

That would definently fall under my own personal hypocrisy category.  22

I see both sides of the argument here, but the fact is- it's two different circumstances, and Slash has grown up since then.  Sure, Slash stole from other artists, but he stole music that was already out there, not unreleased music. 

Either way you look at it, what everyone did was wrong.

Board footer