You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Re: Baz:'AXL ROSE Has Lived A Life None Of Us Could Ever Imagine'

Horrific wrote:

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach was recently interviewed by Matt Chord of Philadelphia's 93.3 WMMR. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Q: You have a new record coming out, "Angel Down", November 20. We've been waiting for songs from Axl Rose for about 15 years, and all of a sudden, you get him to sing on your record. How did that work, did you text him, did you call him?

Sebastian: "We've done about 80 shows with GUNS N' ROSES all over the world. At Christmas we did three nights at Universal Ampitheater in Hollywood... Axl had a Christmas party, we were playing pool. He played 'Chinese Democracy', a song called 'Sorry' came on and I started singing a harmony over top of the chorus. Axl loved that and booked studio time at Electric Lady in New York the next week, and I sang on 'Chinese Democracy'. So then, I was being silly and texted Axl, 'When are you going to sing on my record?' and he texted back, just one word, 'When' ... He sang three songs on my record."

Q: What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about Axl Rose?

Sebastian: "They think that 'Chinese Democracy' is never coming out... that is #1 misconception, 'cause I've heard it... like, it exists. To me I think it has a lot more to do with the business side of it. I've heard four albums' worth of material that's incredible. So when people go 'Is it ever coming out?', I go 'Yeah! And you're gonna feel stupid when it does.'"

Q: He's a very down-to-earth kinda person.

Sebastian: "I wouldn't call him down to earth. He's lived a life none of us could ever imagine, because of the level of success he has achieved. GUNS N' ROSES is bigger than rock. They're not a metal or rock band, they're like the STONES, or LED ZEPPELIN, or THE BEATLES, to a lot of people. He can't go out on the street and walk around. Like, when I was in London, England, I went to Hyde Park, played frisbee with the road crew '” he can't do stuff like that. And that must really suck... Paparazzi's always there. It's just a different life... and I've watched millions of people that were in a room with the man, and they don't say what they think '” they try to figure out what he wants them to say to make him like them and then they'll say that. I've seen people get so flipped out, but when he's in the room with them, he can't get a straight answer out of them. He's not like a human, he's like a demigod walking around."

Q: He does have a bad reputation in town '” December 8th 2002, it was a no-show.

Sebastian: "Go do an interview with him there. I wasn't on that tour... I don't know what to say. I read all the time about Paul Stanley cancelling shows '” nobody goes 'Paul Stanley, man, what's up?!''¦ I just did a whole GN'R tour, 80 shows... they cancelled one show, out of 80 shows. That's not unheard of..."

Q: I always stick up for the lineup when people go "It's not the true GN'R..."

Sebastian: "It's not... but then what's better... Slash and Duff doing STONE TEMPLE PILOTS songs? I'd rather hear Axl sing 'Welcome To The Jungle' with Tommy Stinson on bass... I love Duff McKagan, but he's busy." (Laughs)

Q: You had a great line about Brain at the Hammerstein... "Where was this guy when you hired Matt Sorum??"

Sebastian: "To me, Brain is one of the best drummers I've ever seen in my life. I love drummers that kinda play behind beat, with that cool, sleazy groove like John Bonham, Joey Kramer, or Steven Adler on 'Appetite', and to me, Brain plays with that swagger and cool factor. And I watched this guy with GUNS, and I couldn't believe how incredible he was. Then I bought the new TOM WAITS record, and I look at the credits... Drums: Brain. I go... this guy! TOM WAITS, PRIMUS, GN'R '” he's amazing."

Listen to the entire interview at http://www.gmppodcast.com/WMMR/MMRchive … fault.aspx

(Thanks:http://www.newgnr.com/)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=84019

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Horrific

Horrific wrote:

I dont know,he has a huge friends circle.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Since this deals mostly with Axl, I'll move it over to the GNR section.

By the way, I'd like Baz to show proof of Paul Stanley canceling shows. I think he did it once in his entire career.

Horrific

Horrific wrote:

Sorry for posting in the wrong section then.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Nothing to be sorry about. Its just Baz has a tendency to mention Axl every five seconds, so when you come across a Baz article, feel free to post it here.:haha:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Does Baz really think he's helping?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Does Baz really think he's helping?

I guess, I dunno. Hard to tell. I mean, the fact that GNR actually got through a leg of a tour without any problems other then one cancellation isn't really cause to celebrate is it?

What tour only had one cancellation?  I thought they didn't reschedule all the postponed dates this year, but maybe I'm wrong.  Since I wasn't going, I didn't pay that much attention.

I don't think Baz is helping things at all.  I almost get the impression he's trying to pressure Axl into releasing it by talking it up every chance he gets.  If it was that good and it was in the hands of the record company, he wouldn't have to say a thing because the record company would be moving forward.  If there's a buisness hangup, it's Axl trying to renegotiate something and the record company refusing.  In typical Axl style, he then has his lackeys blame the record company for holding things up.  I'm starting to think Axl should run for President as much as he manages to put a spin on everything that manages to blame everybody but himself.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Horrific wrote:

Q: I always stick up for the lineup when people go "It's not the true GN'R..."

Sebastian: "It's not... but then what's better... Slash and Duff doing STONE TEMPLE PILOTS songs? I'd rather hear Axl sing 'Welcome To The Jungle' with Tommy Stinson on bass... I love Duff McKagan, but he's busy." (Laughs)

Can Baz get any more pathetic ?

I wish that he'd realize Axl's dick isn't a bicycle and quit riding it already.

All the time he's spent using Axl to promote his album, he should have spent that same time trying to come up with some solid material.

I'd much rather listen to Slash and Duff play STP songs than hear any of the solo crap that Baz has come up with.  yikes

bba

Board footer