You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: McCain suspends campaign, Obama plans to continue

bigbri wrote:

Also, as for voting on anything, McCain last cast a vote in April. Obama, July.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Ouch. James might need a glass of warm milk and a butt rub after that comment.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Without even looking up the bill, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it included earmarks for his home state. He doesn't vote on anything unless there's garbage in the bill.

I've went through his Senate record, and I'd advise anyone considering voting for him to do the same. Bush should sign a law making every american read his record.

McCain would get 100% of the vote.

40 years from now history books will put George W. Bush in the same category of George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Franklin Roosevelt & John Kennedy.

Bush is gonna make Hoover look like Reagan.

Bush is possibly the worst leader in history(I'll exclude Hitler, Stalin, and Pol Pot from that analysis).

I feel ashamed for voting for him in 2000. He destroyed this country.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

JFK was a pansy. I'll never understand why he is mentioned alongside the greats.

He was a dope head who fucked around on his wife and got his head blown off. Awesome resume.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Looks like Dave had a few things to say about this:

Wow at the end yikes

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, interesting that he replaced McCain with Olberman?!  Can't imagine that was a shot at him.

Somethings fishy that's for sure.. What does cancelling the VP debate have to do with any of this. If anything, couldn't they just have the VP debate next Friday, & the Presidential next Saturday. Or have them both on the same night, VP from 8-9 & Pres from 9:30-11. I think it's a ploy to get Palin into not going into a debate w/Biden. The whole "Have the VP debate at a later date" was so vague & blatant. Come mid-October they'd be saying "We don't have any time for that.. We're busy on the campaign trail".

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Whew... Dave was P-I-S-S-E-D.

That was an absolute owning of everything that has been the McCain/Palin ticket, and then to have Olberfuror on the show was rubbing salt in the wound.

Wow. And the thing is, everything Dave was saying was totally valid points.

This move on McCain's will make or break him. We'll look back in late November say it was absolutely brillaint, or it was utterly stupid.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Whew... Dave was P-I-S-S-E-D.

That was an absolute owning of everything that has been the McCain/Palin ticket, and then to have Olberfuror on the show was rubbing salt in the wound.

Wow. And the thing is, everything Dave was saying was totally valid points.

This move on McCain's will make or break him. We'll look back in late November say it was absolutely brillaint, or it was utterly stupid.

Looks like it was utterly stupid. He showed up today and actually caused more problems than good. Many of the people involved in the negotiations said they were very close to having the deal completely hammered out until McCain showed up today and actually created a group of dissenters on the Republican side. But in the media you will hear him claiming he is trying to be "bi-partisan" when it actually sounds like he stirred up some shit instead of helping the process.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

News I'm hearing says they (Bush administration) are setting him (McCain) up as the savior of these negotiations by having some republicans go against Bush and letting McCain "wheel them back in".

If so, it's a brillant marketing plan, but it's the ultimate voter fraud.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
TheMole wrote:

News I'm hearing says they (Bush administration) are setting him (McCain) up as the savior of these negotiations by having some republicans go against Bush and letting McCain "wheel them back in".

If so, it's a brillant marketing plan, but it's the ultimate voter fraud.

I'm not sure how that helps him. Most of the voting public is against this plan. Him doing that reveals him as the insider that he is and puts him at odds with voters.

McCain made his bed on this issue, now he has to lie in it. Whatever he does, he pisses off someone. If he didn't proclaim to be the savior on this issue, he'd be in the clear, like Obama is.

Board footer