You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

Axlin08, you can write till you are blue in the face, but face it, you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. None of us do.

-Jack- wrote:

There doesn't have to be evidence.... it just "makes sense" apparently. And I know I have a condeseding tone, it just gets old after awhile, there's nothing pointing to it besides your hope that it happens.

no shit... i'm still waiting for some quotes from Axlin08 and war but it appears that they dont have a leg to stand on cuz there is nothing officially pointing to a reunion other than Azoff got the eagles back together...and VR dropped azoff as their manager 2 years ago so dont go there and Azoff was never Slash's manager...I believe Perla is his manager

JamesLofton wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

I remember when the band started touring in 2006 there were rumors the original GNR would reunite at the rolling stones show that got cancelled. Why? Because Slash and Duff were apparently in Europe around the same time, and "why would the new GNR open for The Stones?"

I remember it as well, and that reunion rumor actually had legs. Jagger said years ago that the only way GNR would ever open for the Stones again is if it was the original lineup. Funny how AFD Rehash Vol. 2 continued but that show was canceled. I realize there were other factors involved in that cancellation, but it sure was perfect timing.

The Halfin rumor regarding the Download Festival was also credible as well. There's really no denying at this point that some attempt was made by someone to get the old band back together for at least a few dates on that tour.

yeah Keith richards jumped out of a tree and fell on his head cuz Slash said no to the reunion 16

gnfnraxl wrote:

When do you guys think we'll be able to pre-order CD on bestbuy.com?

as soon as it is officially announced

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:

no shit... i'm still waiting for some quotes from Axlin08 and war but it appears that they dont have a leg to stand on cuz there is nothing officially pointing to a reunion other than Azoff got the eagles back together...and VR dropped azoff as their manager 2 years ago so dont go there and Azoff was never Slash's manager...I believe Perla is his manager

if it was official we wouldn't be debating it now would we?

unless you disagree that a reunion is more likley now that cd monkey will be off axl's back, you do not even have a basis to be contrary with me because.............i do not think it will happen either.

and i never said i thought it would with any certainty

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

People sitting back hoping and discussing a 'release' for CD, are no different than those hoping for a reunion.

The lack of news or factual evidence is equal.

mickronson wrote:

Why do people think this is coming out, this is no different to any other fuckin year...release dates from horses own mouths have come and gone, yet you take a game track and an endtro to a movie as gospel...
No one has learnt a thing it seems,

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

People sitting back hoping and discussing a 'release' for CD, are no different than those hoping for a reunion.

The lack of news or factual evidence is equal.

mickronson wrote:

Why do people think this is coming out, this is no different to any other fuckin year...release dates from horses own mouths have come and gone, yet you take a game track and an endtro to a movie as gospel...
No one has learnt a thing it seems,

Except for there's actually.. reason to believe Chinese Democracy is coming out? Best Buy exclusive confirmed, 2 songs officially released, Billboard and BBC both reporting a Nov 23rd date, GN'R's manager playing finished tracks to random Best Buy employees after years of pretty much complete secrecy... even if it doesn't come out this year it's obvious that it's happening.

The reunion evidence? Uhh.. Slash has been nice to Axl in the press? 10..... Hall of fame coming up?

One is a bunch of coincidences and hopes and the other is a bunch of facts and reasons. The only reason the second one isn't completely non-hope based is because people know things in GNR land can do a complete 180 and there's still no official announcement... but even then, this is the farthest we've been and things are actually happening/pointing to the album on the launch pad. The reunion rumors are pretty much the same as they've always been except now people are assuming because Axl isn't gonna tour Chinese Democracy that the new band is gone forever. Axl can just make a new band. Or wait until people come back (which they will if CD is even a semi hit, or they play their single at a MTV show, or anything pretty much)

To me it's obvious Axl and his crew hate Slash's guts and that's all you need to know to know that it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

killshacklefoot
 Rep: 0 

uhm why tour for chinese democracy?
they already toured for it in '02.

Is it against the rules to post anything on topic?

If so, you may delete this...

Chinese Democracy has now entered the public lexicon as '˜promise that never delivers', but in November Guns N' Roses will finally drop its embattled sixth album. FasterLouder has received confirmation from Universal Music Australia that it is indeed on its way, although an exact release date has not been set.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/int … cracy-.htm

Thanks to axl2 from HTGTH.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

INTERESTING. Now Uni is finally weighing in.

Karma for the smart ass remark.

James Lofton wrote:

Karma for the smart ass remark.

I had to do it!

James

James wrote:

You know whats funny about this whole ordeal? The fact that the GNR camp are gonna be the last to announce this.

Makes those theories years ago about Axl going on live TV to announce it even more hilarious.

James

James wrote:

One other thing regarding some of the complaints about Billboard being the source to break this.....

Know who announced the release date of Use Your Illusion?

Billboard.

Board footer