You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Chinese Democracy album cover?

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

At this point it could be a close up of a plate of Beef Lo Mein like The Spaghetti Incident cover, and I wouldn't give a fuck.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:

I don't know why, but that album cover just screams The Cure to me.

14 I thought the same thing. First reminds me of something The Cure would do(not sure why as they don't have an album cover like that), and like you said the 2nd is like Justice.

First doesn't scream fake even though its a bit drab, and while the second COULD be fake, neither would surprise me as being legit.

If I was going to bet, I'd bet on the first one.

Funny you should say that: because the 'Spanish' are of 'informed' the view that, to from memory quote them, 'Axl's look in 2002 was meant as a tribute to Robert Smith, (of The Cure)'.

If these cover(s) are real - maybe a hint that the 2002-era may feature more prominently than first thought?

(Which again, BTW, just goes to show that is was obviously the best, main era of the 'new' GN'R.)

BTW: James, I'm sure the girl on your (first) album cover is Japanese, not Chinese (the clothes she is wearing seem more like they are Japanese than Chinese - which culturally seems to me to be generally plainer; no offence meant by that of course).  Mind you, the 2002 'kamikaze' cover - was that official? - had a Japanese WWII-era kamikaze pilot on; just modified for the CD project.  (As MSL would say: Things that make you go) hmmmmmmmm....

AR

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Oopps -
Okay, the yellow one isn't the cover.
it's from some jazz album or something:

http://www.amazon.com/Loop-Finding-Jazz … B000056UM6

The 3 person one with the 2 women on the floor seems to be part of this other piece of art work ... or... whatever-

http://uqoo.com/discuz/viewthread.php?t … 50&fpage=1

People have put other things on that graphic long before it was a fake GNR album cover. Whatever the cover is, it isn't these three things.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Oopps -
Okay, the yellow one isn't the cover.
it's from some jazz album or something:

http://www.amazon.com/Loop-Finding-Jazz … B000056UM6

Nice find. Karma.

Also good work by AR noticing the Japanese reference in the cover. I wouldn't have spotted that in a million years unfortunately.

The 3 person one with the 2 women on the floor seems to be part of this other piece of art work ... or... whatever-

Yeah, that one has been a known fake for awhile.

As MSL would say: Things that make you go) hmmmmmmmm....

I've been saying that for years. I guess MSL is either a fellow Arsenio Hall fan, or he might be a C & C Music Factory fan.:haha:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I still think the one PR Brown did for the "Very Best Of Guns N' Roses" is the real Chinese Democracy album cover.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

I don't know why, but that album cover just screams The Cure to me.

14 I thought the same thing. First reminds me of something The Cure would do(not sure why as they don't have an album cover like that), and like you said the 2nd is like Justice.

First doesn't scream fake even though its a bit drab, and while the second COULD be fake, neither would surprise me as being legit.

If I was going to bet, I'd bet on the first one.

Funny you should say that: because the 'Spanish' are of 'informed' the view that, to from memory quote them, 'Axl's look in 2002 was meant as a tribute to Robert Smith, (of The Cure)'.

AR

Ive never seen Robert Smith looking like Ali G or Vanilla Ice or whatever Axl thought he looked like in 2002.

Theres so many fake covers out there, we just dont know what its going to be.... Even with a release date on the horizon its sad that we still have to go on speculation for pretty much everything to do with this album and band....

Damn, cant they just tell us something?!?!

Locomotive98

Locomotive98 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I still think the one PR Brown did for the "Very Best Of Guns N' Roses" is the real Chinese Democracy album cover.

We'll prob just get that shitty one with the bike... I mean an album AND a new cover in 14 years, thats just too much work for poor old Axl. 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Interesting theory.

We'll prob just get that shitty one with the bike

We have yet to see the real version of that. The bike cover that has floated around for years was fan made.

Locomotive98

Locomotive98 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

Interesting theory.

We'll prob just get that shitty one with the bike

We have yet to see the real version of that. The bike cover that has floated around for years was fan made.

Thats just as well, it was pretty crap. Didnt Axl show it at some concert or something or am I just making that up? Weird how a band would start an album from the cover up 16.

gjuarez23
 Rep: 2 

gjuarez23 wrote:

kowalskis2.jpg

Board footer