You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

This seems very promising, and as I always thought when this thing was going to come out, we've got sources all over. Not just someone who knows Axl's gardener etc, there's literally countless sources for this one, all unrelated to the next. It's happening folks, the only question is why GNR haven't said so yet??

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Man this is so awesome!

This is the kinda confirmation i wanted...like not a rumour but the wheels actually turning....and stuff like this that needs to happen for it to come out...actually happening....

Wonder if its a DVD/CD set!! Pretty exciting....

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

James, it may be time to start mass producing your 2008 hats.

Earlier tonight I confirmed all the rumors that have been swirling around the internet recently.  I went into the local FYE at the mall I work at.  Asked the guy behind the register if he had heard anything about the new GnR album.  He gets this pissy look on his face and says "yeah, but its an exclusive at another store".  I ask him if its just stuff he heard from the rumor mill or if its been confirmed by his corporate office.  To my amazement, he says "yeah from our corporate offices".  He goes to the computer and starts accessing his email system.  After a few seconds he finds the email he's looking for.  As soon as he did, I basically commandeered the damn computer terminal.  The letter was pretty much as follows:

"Guns N' Roses' long awaited album chinese democracy will be coming out this year.  Unfortunately for us, it is a Best Buy exclusive.  It is set for later part of November, before thanksgiving."

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

GNR should offer something unique in the vinyl version which would basically force all hardcores(even those claiming to buy 10 copies when they're buying none) to buy at least one.

Not sure what that would be, but Kala's 1st pressing came with stickers and a bandana, and after that it came with free ringtones.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Tommie wrote:

Earlier tonight I confirmed all the rumors that have been swirling around the internet recently.  I went into the local FYE at the mall I work at.  Asked the guy behind the register if he had heard anything about the new GnR album.  He gets this pissy look on his face and says "yeah, but its an exclusive at another store".  I ask him if its just stuff he heard from the rumor mill or if its been confirmed by his corporate office.  To my amazement, he says "yeah from our corporate offices".  He goes to the computer and starts accessing his email system.  After a few seconds he finds the email he's looking for.  As soon as he did, I basically commandeered the damn computer terminal.  The letter was pretty much as follows:

"Guns N' Roses' long awaited album chinese democracy will be coming out this year.  Unfortunately for us, it is a Best Buy exclusive.  It is set for later part of November, before thanksgiving."

Nice to have some 3rd party confirmation. 9

Good work dude. Karma for you. 5

James

James wrote:
Tommie wrote:

Well, if other chains are officially bitching, then this is pretty much set in stone.

Roll on November!:mosh:

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

James Lofton wrote:

GNR should offer something unique in the vinyl version which would basically force all hardcores(even those claiming to buy 10 copies when they're buying none) to buy at least one.

Not sure what that would be, but Kala's 1st pressing came with stickers and a bandana, and after that it came with free ringtones.

I'm not buying any vinyl versions, mainly cos I aint got a record player. I'm buying one cd when it comes out and that's the disc I'll listen to, if there's a DVD bonus version I'll buy that, but I'm not buying numerous copies just to sit on my shelf unopened.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm not buying any vinyl versions, mainly cos I aint got a record player. I'm buying one cd when it comes out and that's the disc I'll listen to, if there's a DVD bonus version I'll buy that, but I'm not buying numerous copies just to sit on my shelf unopened.

Same here. I like the timing of this release. I will ask my parents to buy it for me for my birthday. My birthday is November 26th so it's pretty good timing.

James

James wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The point in putting something exclusive in the vinyl is for you to buy it and open it, not let 5 copies sit in your closet. Vinyl collectors(like myself) will have it anyways. Adding something unique to it caters to the non vinyl crowd.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Or it could be a 2 CD set with the AFD redux....i have no basis for saying that by the way...just throwing ideas out there!

Board footer