You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Brain talks Chinese Democracy

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Very cool to hear. Thanks for posting. It's insane how CD happened, and all the parts of it that didn't work. We've heard from Zutaut and now Brain about the truth of it (not that it's terrible, just odd), I'd love to hear Tommy or Pitman or especially Robin tell their stories at the end of this thing.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

very great story, but by the way it sounds, he only recorded with the band for not even a year... interesting

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Well he said 30 songs and there's supposedly up to 70 so who knows who plays on the other 40, maybe that was just in a later session.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

intersting that he does his first interview the same time as the album release date is let out of the bag

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Very very good interview. This is the juicy stuff we've been dying for, for years.

It also lends weight for me to encourage people to get off Axl's back on some of this stuff. We he says how it was a difficult process to make this album, he's been honest.

Granted everything that Brain is talking about was way back at the beginning of the decade though. Very cool interview, karma for you for posting.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Awesome interview. Kudos to Brain. Best interview yet in this saga.

Its unfortunate we weren't able to know this type of info through the saga. Would have made the ride much more interesting. No one in a million years would have thought that someone of the caliber of Brain would simply be redoing another amazing talent's work. So in reality we are hearing Freese even though its Brain.

I'm glad the veil is finally coming off....

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I guess the gags are coming off and the players are starting to speak.  Let's hope this snowballs.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Well I guess Brain is definitely gone.  Big surprise.  Sounds like recording CD for him was an intense 8 months.  Great interview.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Awesome interview. Kudos to Brain. Best interview yet in this saga.

Its unfortunate we weren't able to know this type of info through the saga. Would have made the ride much more interesting. No one in a million years would have thought that someone of the caliber of Brain would simply be redoing another amazing talent's work. So in reality we are hearing Freese even though its Brain.

I'm glad the veil is finally coming off....

The funny thing is to think some of the final versions will be Frank doing's Brain's take on Josh's work.

lmao

I don't know how much of what will be what, but those Best Buy leaks, CD sounded like Frank on drums.

Board footer