You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Chinese Democracy Starts on Best Buy.com

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

When I checked the BB site at work earlier, it was listing all 6 versions of the album. Then it only listed one (cover 'a' CD version), now it's listing 4 of them.

Weird.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Perhaps there's an original Chinese Democracy and then two 'cover' albums - the exact same songs but with diffrent musicians. Take your pick between Freese and Tobias, Brain and Bucket or Bumble and Frank.

I thionk I know which one I'd go for.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm not buying all three discs. I MIGHT buy each vinyl, but no way in hell am I buying all three discs. Tracklist would have to be vastly different to guarantee purchases from me.

With Kala, I bought the normal version, the Japanese import with three extra songs, and will buy the reissue coming out in days that has a second disc with a couple exclusives.

I'll hold GNR to that same standard. Different covers mean nothing to me.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm buying one cd. If other discs have other songs, I'll buy the individually from itunes. Then, I'll compile my dream CD, which I will assume will include several leaks that still included Buckethead and Brain.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm buying one cd. If other discs have other songs, I'll buy the individually from itunes. Then, I'll compile my dream CD, which I will assume will include several leaks that still included Buckethead and Brain.

Fuck iTunes. Download them from Amazon. No DRM and higher bitrate. No sales tax either.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Didn't Best Buy recently make a deal with Napster?  I haven't used Napster ever (or iTunes for that mattter), but I thought they might bypass iTunes and go with Napster.  I guess we'll find out for sure when we get all the details.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The three 'eras' idea with these albums, one being the 2000-01 album, one being the 2002-03 album, one being the 2006-07 album, is a cool ass idea.

But it would ONLY appeal absolute diehards.

The only way i'd see that working is still, if each, despite their era, featured a slightly altered tracklist. But how would it be marketable in a mass sense, if people picked up one version with CD (the track), and it sounds more like OMG, and way dated back to like 1999.

Cover/Version C has vanished, and is now down to two (unless it resurfaces tomorrow). My guess is it's just covers, if it's now down to two.

No way i'm buying multiple copies for just covers. I still think the masterstoke will be DVD's with exclusive material, exclusive to each version.

I'd be interested to know if the SKU's for a third release are still in Best Buy's system, just not on the website.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I dunno guys I was thinking about this at work today.  As important as album covers have been to this band in the past, I find it hard to believe that theres going to be multiple album covers.  Seems a little to uncontrolled for Axl.  Almost all the album covers have had a very deep meaning, with something as massively important as this, I can't see more than one album cover. 

I am by no means saying theres 3 albums, but I think the safer route is: version a-edited cd, version b-unedited, and version c- unedited + bonus material.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, but if that were the case Tommie, they'd just have listed it from the very beginning as something like...

Chinese Democracy [clean]
Chinese Democracy [PA]
Chinese Democracy: SE [PA]

Not Version 1, 2 & 3 on Best Buy's employee computer, and Cover A, B & C on their official website.

Board footer