You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Which was the last CD you bought?

Mikkamakka wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds: Dig! Lazarus, Dig!

(to collect everything I like, but didn't afford earlier)

Good choice, The Cave never disappoints! Had the good fortune to check him live this year yet? Saw him at Brixton Academy in May - electrifying - a loads of classics and newies. The whole thing had a Grinderman kinda edge to it. Brilliant.

Last purchases for me - Blood Ceremony - Blood Ceremony.

Yeah, I saw him in Budapest. After not liking Abattoir blues too much I became a downloading motherfucker, and I didn't like Lazarus for the first listens. But I wanted to see them live so listened it more and more, cause I knw the setlist would be Lazarus-heavy. I started to like the songs, but the show was... terrific. One of the best shows of my life. I got there early so I had a place in middle of the first row! 9 Warren Ellis is a genius and he almost stole the show, and it wasn't easy since Nick is one of the best frontmen ever. The new songs sound better live than on the record and the band was much tighter and rocking than back in 2004 when I first caught them.

Back on topic:

I've just ordered PJ Harvey's White Chalk and Is This Dsire? albums. 22

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Death Magnetic
The Cosmos Rocks (Queen)
In Silico (Pendulum)
All Hope Is Gone (Slipknot)
Black Ice (AC/DC)

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Stone Sour-stone sour
Hendrix-Axis
another copy of AFD and TSI
Blind Faith
Gorillaz-Demon Days(rather enjoy this cd)

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds: Dig! Lazarus, Dig!

(to collect everything I like, but didn't afford earlier)

Good choice, The Cave never disappoints! Had the good fortune to check him live this year yet? Saw him at Brixton Academy in May - electrifying - a loads of classics and newies. The whole thing had a Grinderman kinda edge to it. Brilliant.

Last purchases for me - Blood Ceremony - Blood Ceremony.

Yeah, I saw him in Budapest. After not liking Abattoir blues too much I became a downloading motherfucker, and I didn't like Lazarus for the first listens. But I wanted to see them live so listened it more and more, cause I knw the setlist would be Lazarus-heavy. I started to like the songs, but the show was... terrific. One of the best shows of my life. I got there early so I had a place in middle of the first row! 9 Warren Ellis is a genius and he almost stole the show, and it wasn't easy since Nick is one of the best frontmen ever. The new songs sound better live than on the record and the band was much tighter and rocking than back in 2004 when I first caught them.

Back on topic:

I've just ordered PJ Harvey's White Chalk and Is This Dsire? albums. 22

Every Cave album differs greatly from the last and as such I always think 'Hmmm, this isn't so good' but always after a few spins you here the things that confirm the man as a genius. I loved Abbatoir Blues and the tour that accompanied it but I'm not sure if it was as good as this years gig. Maybe thats to do with the fact they played Tupelo and I'd been hanging to see that live for years. I caught him on the No More Shall We Part tour as well which was excellent - especially the Curse Of Millhaven.

Warren Ellis is awesome live but doesnt come close to stealing any of the spotlight from The Cave - the greatest songwriter/frontman of the last 20 years for me. A genius.

Check out the Birthday Party if you havnt already - theyre also great,

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I wanted to buy Screaming Trees' Sweet Oblivion today as a little reward for doing the SATs again (my first score was good, I just did this to see if I could get some money from schools - Pitt specifically).

So I went to FYE after the test - and they don't have it. All they have from Screaming Trees is a greatest hits. I go to Best Buy, they have not a single Screaming Trees item. So I looked up and called a local(ish) small record store - and their phone number was not in service - they are no more.

So if I don't want to order it online, what am I supposed to do? Drive to NYC? It seems like there isn't a single copy of it on sale within an hours worth of driving (one way). I know Screaming Trees weren't huge but I am shocked.

I guess I'll buy it online but I really wanted something today - my back-up was to buy SoundGarden's Down on the Upside, but neither FYE nor Best Buy had any SG other than Superunknown, Badmotorfinger, and A-sides.

Fuck.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Whatever Nonpoint's first cd was called.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

The Screaming Jets - Do Ya

Aussie rock n roll at it's finest, check it out people!

nugdafied wrote:

the last cd i bought.....ummmm.......

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

death magnetic..

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I bought the Snakepit albums again and picked up the new Volbeat.

Board footer