You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Did anyone get a chance to rip the stream from gunsnroses.com to an mp3? I think that stream is much higher quality then the radio ones going around from yesterday.

When I listened to the track last night and hearing that 'on demand' garbage, I was wondering the same thing.

I'm assuming you magicians can work your magic one more time. When you pull the rabbit out of the hat, throw it in my PM box.......

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Did anyone get a chance to rip the stream from gunsnroses.com to an mp3? I think that stream is much higher quality then the radio ones going around from yesterday.

When I listened to the track last night and hearing that 'on demand' garbage, I was wondering the same thing.

I'm assuming you magicians can work your magic one more time. When you pull the rabbit out of the hat, throw it in my PM box.......

I already provided a download link above.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

HEY! Speaking of the Chinese Democracy single...

Well, that is flash-based. My Mac won't allow me to capture that in the same way that I can capture Quicktime or Windows Media streams. You need separate recording software to do it. There was one posted at a German site that was slightly different in the actual bitrate from the one I captured yesterday. Here's the download link (right click and save as):

http://www.20min.ch/tooldata/sound/540.mp3

AWESOME. Thanks! That's exactly the same version that's on gunsnroses.com from what I can tell.

I don't even think it's a different version perse so much as an even higher quality one.

I don't think it's the same as the one at GNR.com. It was posted before GN'R updated their website. 192 kbps is good quality, but it's not perfect. I'm not sure if GN'R sent a download for the radio stations and only provided that quality or not. It's possible I guess, given that radio stations usually broadcast in 128 kbps or lower.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
sic. wrote:

'Don't you try to stop us now' is either Sorry, Scraped or This I Love. I might go with Scraped.

Where did you hear this at? Is there another promo floating around?

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

am i the only one who  doesn't have the option to 'save as' on that quick time link?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

am i the only one who  doesn't have the option to 'save as' on that quick time link?

You have to right click it.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

sic. wrote:

'Don't you try to stop us now' is either Sorry, Scraped or This I Love. I might go with Scraped.

If it is Scraped, Bucket and Ron are really pushed out in the promotion. Shackler and CD are both heavy-duty guitar tracks and Scraped was a Bucket song to begin with.

I was thinking Scraped as well, sounds like a promising track to me. It's anyone's guess as to where that vocal harmony part is from though, I'd guess TIL but it could be any of the three really.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

misterID, yea theres a promo, the best representation of the 'dont try to' is on promo 3 at the end. its either 3 or 4, its also on promo 10 but it doesn't sound as good.

also; i know, i right click it, the option is greyed out.

Board footer