You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl Rose being timeless - do you agree?

When I saw him at all the concerts I went to last year, he really commanded the stage as he did back then.   His voice on the three songs from Baz's album is really on point.   I am going to wager that it will be for the songs on CD as well.   Hopefully we will get to hear it.

But man, when he did the open to Jungle in those concerts it was like being transported back in time 9

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

As I mentioned in the "one of the greats" thread, Axl belongs in a very exclusive club of entertainers. Looks, ability, energy, controversy - he got it all. He literally got the audience in the palm of his hand.

In hindsight it's an absolute shame what happened to the original band. Had they gone on they would have been right up there with the Stones and Zeppelin in terms of public opinion, and Axl would have been hailed as the true artist that he is.

Axl Rose is one of the few who receive criticism not because he is hated, but because he is loved. Many feel bitter and jaded about him flushing such a special thing down the toilet.

Timothy
 Rep: 2 

Timothy wrote:

polluxlm you said everything I would have said.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl's one of the greatests without a doubt. My personal favourite cool  But he doesn't have the same energy on stage he used to have. Unfortunately last time I saw him was a bad day, and he wasn't good, but proved that he's still great other times.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

warriorpriestess
 Rep: 5 

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

But man, when he did the open to Jungle in those concerts it was like being transported back in time 9

heck yes! las vegas september 2006, thought i was going to have a heart attack for the first few minutes of that song. it was so awesome, and i was damn near front-center. 9

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl is still quite the showman.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i actually like his stage performance more now. he can't run and jump like he used to but he has more style. as far as singing he lost a bit of his voice but has replaced it with more vocal technique.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I saw GNR in 1993 and a few times in 2007 - and I must say - although Axl's peformance is different now...as WAR descirbed...he most definately has not lost it. In fact..the strong sence I got watching the 07 line up has how Axl's talent was a level above the rest of the stage (no offence to them) - but you know when you see Axl its someone really unique.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I personally feel out of the new band that Axl and Frank, yes Frank, carry the most stage presence.

Board footer