You are not logged in. Please register or login.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Re: Curvy women produce more intelligent children

Women with curvy figures are likely to be brighter than waif-like counterparts and may well produce more intelligent offspring, a US study suggests.
Researchers studied 16,000 women and girls and found the more voluptuous performed better on cognitive tests - as did their children.

The bigger the difference between a woman's waist and hips the better.

Researchers writing in Evolution and Human Behaviour speculated this was to do with fatty acids found on the hips.

In this area, the fat is likely to be the much touted Omega-3, which could improve the woman's own mental abilities as well as those of her child during pregnancy.

Men respond to the double enticement of both an intelligent partner and an intelligent child, the researchers at the Universities of Pittsburgh and California said.

The findings appear to be borne out in the educational attainments of at least one of the UK's most famous curvaceous women, Nigella Lawson, who graduated from Oxford.

But experts are not convinced by the findings.

"On the fatty deposits being related to intelligence front, it's very hard to detangle that from other factors, such as social class, for instance, or diet," said Martin Tovee of Newcastle University.

"And much as we logically like the idea that men are interested in the waist to hip ratio, it actually features relatively low down the list of feature males look for in a potential partner."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7090300.stm

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Apart from genes, i think it is also highly due to the fact that curvier/fatter women have to fight for almost everything in their lifes :

- getting a good man
- getting a good job
- getting respect
- being taken seriously
ect ect

So they devellop an ability to use their brains to get where they want and with years, they devellop quick ways of getting there.

Whereas " waifs" rely mostly on their look and it works, they actually get the top men, the top jobs and all the rest.

Problem is, since they don't have to " over- think" to get anywhere, they intectually stagnate into late teens.

They never have to rethink their ways or reevaluate their functionning systems.

Until they are 50, left for a young one, the kids are gone and they don"t have enough money to maintain their lifestyles.

In the same position, a fatso will fight, because she knows how to, she will carry on.

A waif will either find another man or live in a very small dive in a very chic area and spend all she has in trying to maintain the illusion.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Brains? no, honey...you've got it all wrong...trophy wives do have everything they want because it's mostly just handed to them...they don't really have to think about anything but whether or not their make-up is on and that atleast some cleavage is showing, right?

Thank god evolution is promoting this...

the_real_jessica wrote:

Apart from genes, i think it is also highly due to the fact that curvier/fatter women have to fight for almost everything in their lifes :

- getting a good man
- getting a good job
- getting respect
- being taken seriously
ect ect

So they devellop an ability to use their brains to get where they want and with years, they devellop quick ways of getting there.

Whereas " waifs" rely mostly on their look and it works, they actually get the top men, the top jobs and all the rest.

Problem is, since they don't have to " over- think" to get anywhere, they intectually stagnate into late teens.

They never have to rethink their ways or reevaluate their functionning systems.

Until they are 50, left for a young one, the kids are gone and they don"t have enough money to maintain their lifestyles.

In the same position, a fatso will fight, because she knows how to, she will carry on.

A waif will either find another man or live in a very small dive in a very chic area and spend all she has in trying to maintain the illusion.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Curvy? Voluptuous?

Why not call a spade a spade.

I think jessica got a good analysis of the situation.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

This correlation does not indicate a cause-and-effect relationship.  Curviness and intellect both have very little to do with genetics (intellect is somewhat genetically linked, whereas the "fat gene" affects less than 0.01% of the population).  It all has to do with how the child is raised.  My theory is that curvy women tend to spend more time with the child, reading, and encouraging the child to succeed.

And Jessica, I don't understand how a woman becoming intellectually stagnate in her late teens would impact her children.  That's like saying if I cut off my ear, my child would be born without an ear.  Unless you mean that the woman would neglect the child.  I can see the logic in that sense.

I have to say and god is my witness, now I am no way near a waif but as my friends here at work would attest to the kind of treatment I get in the local food places around here is unreal.

I walked into a pizza place for the first time since it opened now my girlfriend was ordering her lunch for the first time there and I was getting my lunch at the deli next door so she was in there before me.  Now my friend is pretty, skinny but I guess the guy behind the counter preferred me cuz when I walked in, I was offered anything off the menu for free, anything I wanted and she was being asked to pay for it.   When I was at the GNR concert at MSG on the rail in the front row, the security guard got me water for free only one other girl received water and she was very pretty as well.

I have gotten free coffee at Duncan Donuts establishments, free dessert in diners, I have had special attention from guys behind the counter at deli's where again I'll get free things or my salad will be packed beyond belief and my girlfriends don't get this attention.    I am a former fatso and when I gained 70 pounds after having my kid, all of this stopped and then when I lost it, it all continued.

There definitely is discrimination for sure or in my case favoritism, I am not proud of it and cringe actually when it does happen because I do feel bad for the others that don't get treated the way I do.

As far as producing more intelligent kids, well that I don't believe,  you can have a beautiful girl, skinny and she can be extremely intelligent and you can have a curvy or heavy girl who is extremely stupid.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ That's pretty rude for them to do it to one girl & not the other. I'm sure when I was younger I "hooked up" a few girls with stupid stuff while I was at work, but I don't think I'd do it to one, then not her friend.

I think Jessica was pretty much right with a few things. Also, some waif like chicks are really crazy. I don't know if they have issues, or are insecure, but maybe that carries over into them while they are a Mom. Who knows though, but I think the results of the study is due to nurture, not nature.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I assessed the situation the same as Jessica, I just wasn't so nice about it...

I am disgusted by this behavior on behalf of males because it just shows how shallow men can be.

What exactly can their line of though be? I give girl free food, she gives me sex? It worked in the caveman days...why not now?

I take exception to women who partake in these offerings...especially when they have no intention of giving anything in return (not that they should). Taking advantage of good looks to attain things and a means to living is absolutely ass backwards to me. What kind of values does that promote? Ugly people work so that attractive people don't have to?

How can a woman cry foul play when a man is picked for a job over that woman but turn a blind eye when she's accepting free food from that very same man? Sort of a bad example, but I hope you get my point.

I don't know what these guys are trying to acheive, some probably a shot at a date and some I think just because they are being nice.    FYI, I never did accept the free food from the pizza place, I told the guy that was okay and never walked in there again.

I have accepted free coffee tho smile    However there are a few places that I don't frequent because it's just too weird.   I think anyone would accept some things on the house, male or female, hot looking or not.  I don't think there is anything wrong with accepting some of that stuff if it's a situation that does have a bad gut feeling.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

God, everything I have is because of my husband and I hate it.  Didn't seem so bad when I was 17 but now I'm 28 I should probably eat some pies and empower myself 16

My friend didn't have to pay for her tattoo, just had to give him a little kiss.  She was 15 at the time, what a pervy freak 18

Board footer