You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Slash on Reunion: "How the Fuck Would I Know?"

Neemo wrote:

i dunno i agree with durden to the fact that i dont think anselmo would work with slash...i dunno man phil pretty intense and although i love slash's style hes one of my favs...and i love phil too, but i just dont think that they would sound right...although that performance phil did with AIC was fucking aweseom so who knows maybe it would work

as for a pantera reunion...might as well give up on that...vinnie paul still thinks that Phil is the one who put a hit on Dime sad

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I wouldn't want to see Pantera reunite without Dimebag.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Good to see Slash finally shooting people down that keep asking him this.

Especially with the fact that the new GN'R lineup (whoever is or isn't currently there) are about to finally release their album, and they're asking him when a reunion is happening? That's just fucking stupid.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

They will always ask about reunion.

People have a facisnation with past happy memories. They want that band to make a comeback. What they don't understand is even if the old band had stayed together, they'd be nothing of what they were in 1988. Maybe 1992, but not '88.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i dunno i agree with durden to the fact that i dont think anselmo would work with slash...i dunno man phil pretty intense and although i love slash's style hes one of my favs...and i love phil too, but i just dont think that they would sound right...although that performance phil did with AIC was fucking aweseom so who knows maybe it would work

as for a pantera reunion...might as well give up on that...vinnie paul still thinks that Phil is the one who put a hit on Dime sad

It's a shame too. Phil was really broken up in some of those interviews and videos addressing Dime's death (no pun intended with the Broken thing)
Although I do not want a Pantera reunion I would at least hope Vinnie could forgive Phil.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

You know, I'm not a huge Pantera fan, or thrash metal for that matter, but more & more I'm thinking this would be the right choice. I'll have to listen to Down, but it gives them balls & a strong voice, while not selling out. It also gives Phil a chance to have a shot in a more marketable band, we'd see if he can pull it off. Seems like a great fit all around.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Downs first album was amazing, but when they decided to turn it into some cash crop, the music started to suffer...

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

What? Down was never a cash crop. That makes no sense.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Don't know if this fairly recent interview was posted yet. I don't frequent the VR section too much these days, but some of this is rather telling.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow those radio guys were basically begging slash to talk trash and he took the high road...nice to hear

Board footer