You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

Backslash wrote:

I'm with you Bono, I heard this for the first time tonight and thought it was absolutely incredible.  Really not GNR-like at all.  It's almost like Axl singing an Alice in Chains song.  It's totally the best song on the album.

Meanwhile, if Axl actually tried to sing in his register in This I love, it would be amazing... too bad he's gone all mickey mouse on that one.  The solo is packed with emotion.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I'm with you Bono, I heard this for the first time tonight and thought it was absolutely incredible.  Really not GNR-like at all.  It's almost like Axl singing an Alice in Chains song.  It's totally the best song on the album.

Meanwhile, if Axl actually tried to sing in his register in This I love, it would be amazing... too bad he's gone all mickey mouse on that one.  The solo is packed with emotion.

Yes, the TIL solo is Robin's high point on the album along with his contributions to Better (main riff plus the final solo).

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Backslash wrote:

yeah man his voice in This I Love is kinda weird but I like it alot. That song is amazing as well. I'm totally and completely shocked in a  real good way with Sorry and This I Love

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

I'm listening to Sorry for the first time ever. This song fucking ROCKS!!!!!  This should  be the third single.  Maybe it's not right for radio but wow!  For the first time I am blown away by a CD era song. WICKED!

Fucking told you didn't I? 16

Best song on the album. 9

14  Fucking rights. 9  We'll see over time but it sounds like an instant classic to me.

It actually gets better the more you listen to it. 22

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

What quality are these final leaks?  Lossless?  I'll probably just hold out another couple days and get a disc, but I'm curious.

Nope, not lossless. They are 128 kbps AAC files, aka the same quality as the iTunes Music Store for the album.

Thanks.  I guess I'll wait then.  I want to hear it fresh and in perfect quality.

...iTunes sells in 128 AAC?  And people pay money for that?  Baffles me.  hmm

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

The Chinese Democracy track is lossless (flac).

Regarding This I Love: it sounds similar to what Slash would've done with the song... not to get the haters going, but it is sort of similar to his style of play.  A little cleaner, but packed with bluesy, ballsy, rock and roll. 

I think if this song really dates back to 1991, Slash would've recorded something very similar to that.  Wish Axl's vocals would date back to that point.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Dreamline wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

What quality are these final leaks?  Lossless?  I'll probably just hold out another couple days and get a disc, but I'm curious.

Nope, not lossless. They are 128 kbps AAC files, aka the same quality as the iTunes Music Store for the album.

Thanks.  I guess I'll wait then.  I want to hear it fresh and in perfect quality.

Yes, iTunes sells 128 kbps AAC files wrapped in DRM. They also have iTunes Plus, which is 256 kbps AAC with no DRM. However, a vast majority of the music in their store has DRM because the labels are trying to hurt Apple's dominance. All 4 labels gave Amazon the right to sell mp3's around a year and a half ago while "punishing" Apple and not allowing them to remove the DRM from their songs. The idea is that the labels want to manipulate Amazon whereas they know they can't manipulate Apple on the price issue. Apple refuses to give them the kind of pricing scheme they want (variable, where a new song might cost $1.50 or $2.00 while an old song might cost 50 cents...Apple believes in the $1 per song regardless policy).

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

My two favorites are This I Love and Sorry and I agree with Backslash on This I Love. Definately Slashesque stuff. Funny how the two best songs are the two most stripped down and bare ones. At least in my opinion they'e the best and most stripped down sounding.  cool

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:
Dreamline wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Dreamline wrote:

It's been baffling me for years mate.  Why people pay good money for butchered sound quality I'll never know!  I mean, up until the dawn of mp3, every technological advancement in the field of audio meant we were getting better sound quality. 

Oh and I never thought I would ever say this, but as much as I've bagged the man in the past I think I'm prefering Robin's studio work on the album much more than Ron's.  18

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Interesting info, Tejas.  Thanks.

bucketfan wrote:

Why people pay good money for butchered sound quality I'll never know!  I mean, up until the dawn of mp3, every technological advancement in the field of audio meant we were getting better sound quality.

Exactly what I'm saying.  I knew itunes was lossy, but I'm shocked to hear it's only 128.  Whatever...I'm a snob. tongue

Well, it's an interesting discussion, but I'll let you guys get back to discussing the leaks.  I'll jump back in in 3 days.

Board footer