You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

Re: With the release of CD lets just see all the bridges Axl has burned.

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

With the release of CD lets just see all the bridges Axl has burned.

#1 Brain May, he took his parts off CD for two inferior guitar players who  butchered  his solos
#2 Brain and Josh Freese. For letting a hack drummer redo the song Chinese democracy when both  drummers  tracks are vastly better  thank  his plus for adding frank to 5 other CD tracks that were not needed.
3 Buckthead, for letting  Ron redo some of his guitar parts, that is a joke.
4 Richard Fortus, this guy has been the  band longer than BBF yet BBF is on the album more than him and can anyone even pick out Fortus parts?
5 Patty Hood, she is one of the best harp players in the world and he buried her harp in this I love. You can barely hear it. Why?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

#1 Brain May, he took his parts off CD for two inferior guitar players who  butchered  his solos

I don't understand this move either as the general consensus is that the demo is better than the version that made the album.

#2 Brain and Josh Freese. For letting a hack drummer redo the song Chinese democracy when both  drummers  tracks are vastly better  thank  his plus for adding frank to 5 other CD tracks that were not needed.

Frank's drumming wasn't needed and is the worst cut and paste job I've ever heard. The band should have all went into the studio and rerecorded these tracks if adding Frank was essential.

3 Buckthead, for letting  Ron redo some of his guitar parts, that is a joke.

Ron definitely improved the title track, but other than that I don't see anything he did is an actual improvement. His guitar helps disrupt the flow of the songs. How that Riad solo ever made it to the album is a mystery.

4 Richard Fortus,  can anyone even pick out Fortus parts?

I'm glad this happened because it stopped the Fortus worship completely. Most pretty much knew there was nothing to worship and that he would have a very minimal impact on the record, and we were right. I'm glad they had to eat crow and give Tobias kudos. Funny how everything about Fortus they worshiped was either Tobias or Bucket.

5 Patty Hood, she is one of the best harp players in the world and he buried her harp in this I love. You can barely hear it. Why?

There's tons of mixing issues on this and since he felt the need to include so many people on each track, I'm not surprised she got buried.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I worshiped Richards stage performances for the record.

yeah CITR kinda sucks now. the demo sounds way better

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm glad this happened because it stopped the Fortus worship completely. Most pretty much knew there was nothing to worship and that he would have a very minimal impact on the record, and we were right. I'm glad they had to eat crow and give Tobias kudos. Funny how everything about Fortus they worshiped was either Tobias or Bucket.

just like bono said, i like fortus for the live shows. i didn't think too highly of him until i've seen them live and that's where he rocked. i don't know his other projects but as far as gnr concerts go, he's great, he doesn't fuck up solos and i like his stage presence.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

1. Brian May - I agree
2. Frank's drumming is fine. In reality, Freese should've never been removed. Brain going and redoing all of Josh's stuff is just - dumb.
3. BBF is very talented, but his talents are far more grand redoing Robin & Richard's godawful work.
4. Richard sucks
5. Doesn't make or break the song, so who cares...

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

from what ive heard of it, Ron has added the most GN'R sounding guitar out of them all. Im glad he's dirtied up some of the rhythms. Haven't heard any of the redone BH solos, but I far prefer BH on lead. Cleaner and more emotional.

Gotta agree that I prefered the original Cather but this may have a lot to do with the fact that I have been listening to that version for almost 3 years now. But Mays solo was indeed superior - no doubt.

Franks drumming .. yeah, it does sound a little 'cut and paste'. Thought that last night when I heard the final mix of Better. Not quite mixed how one would expect. But in saying that, I always felt there was a real lack of bombastic drum presence in the leaks, so this could well be a good thing.

Haven't heard TIL (apart fom snippets) so can't comment on the harp.

Fortus? Well i'm really here nor there. The guy is clearly a session player, so was probably overlooked entirely for any creative contributions. He can play, but he's a little annoying to me for some reason.

Good riddance to Finck. Sure he has his own style, but I am sorry, the guy is just not a world class lead player. Simple as that. I'm sure he helped contibute to the industrial feel that Axl obviously digs, but I question whether he has the diversity or all-round talent to play in a band like GNR. Out of his depth (especially with motherfuckers like BH and Brain on stage)

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Overly dramatic... these people are professionals, not little kids and know that shit happens. None of the bridges burned listed have really occurred outside of the OP's imagination except for Buckethead, and that bridge was burned for reasons way before Ron was even part of the picture...

Edit: sorry ahead of time if the original post was more lighthearted than I first read into it....

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

JamesLofton - you can't criticize most of Axl's decisions, then claim to be "right" regarding Fortus.

with so many fuck-ups made by Axl regarding whose parts were included in these songs, isn't it a logical argument that the Fortus "nut-swingers" are actually correct? that fortus SHOULD have been featured more prominently?

i'm sorta just playing devil's advocate here, but certainly no Fortus fan is eating crow when the "proof" is based soley on the decisions made by Axl.

sandman wrote:

i'm sorta just playing devil's advocate here, but certainly no Fortus fan is eating crow when the "proof" is based soley on the decisions made by Axl.

yeah and it's the same with Ron's solos and stuff,he just did what he was asked to do and the final decision was Axl's and people should realize that,so if you want to blame anyone for how fucked up this album is blame Axl. tongue

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

not as bad as some are making it out to be. its not great. i have no problem wit ron or frank. the drum fill and rons playing on IRS make the song better. i did like buckets solo on riad better. dnt care too much about a harp either.

Board footer