You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ll_tj1
 Rep: 8 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

ll_tj1 wrote:

Fuckeveryone!!!!! LOL, just playin'...CD KICKS ASS!!! From beginning to end!!

HEY AXL!!!!!!!!                                 Nice job bro...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i've downloaded it but i will still hold out until release day to listen

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl did his job for sure, every song except "This I love" he is pretty darn good on.  Under the circumstances, the band members did the best they could do as well.  I can't wait to buy it and let each song grow on me.  I think the dude from Rolling Stone was doing some serious ass kissing and makes me wonder if we listened to the same album.  Axl and GNR seem to have gone down the path of Pink Floyd but with more intense guitar solos.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Anyone notice the differing sound levels between some songs? Also the difference in the sound levels for instruments, like drums between some songs?

You know how you can burn some songs from Appetite, Illusions and Spaghetti Incident on to one disc. Its obvious when you play it back that the songs come from different sources.

These songs dont sound as cohesive as you would expect from songs off the same album, its like they have literally picked out the songs for this album from a large selection and then done no more.
It sounds like each song has been worked on individually but the soundscape of the album as a whole hasnt been regarded, they have just assumed that it would be ok and it wouldnt be noticable.

Its pretty pathetic that they never worked tirelessly to create a flawless product, you would think with the sheer magnitude of this release, no stone would be left unturned.

I'm very disapointed with the overall finished quality of this product, I'm awaiting to see these "updated"  linar notes  to see if anyone bothered to proof read the finished edition. I'm not holding my breath though.

I also noticed a couple of glitches, actually during songs like something was missing for a second or two, cant remember now, I'll need to give another listen.

There is something really screwed up with TWAT though, as Axl screaming comes to an end and Buckets main solo starts - the solo comes in loud and a split second to early, it cuts off the very final few moments of Axl - its only a split second.
I'll be accused of nitpicking but its quite obvious. Its almost like that guitar solo was digitally removed and then its been pasted back in.

And the way they have tried to paste Franks slowed tempo drum fill over the top of Brain on to the end of the original Buckethead IRS solo is pretty woeful.

mcalldp wrote:

I hope the next two albums come out a year from now and a year after that, leaving less time for last minute tinkering.

If there are 2 more albums,I mean if he put the best on this album just imagine what any other albums will sound like,also I don't think the music will be any better if there are more albums in the works.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

i've grabbed a 'proper scene' release from the pancake place (if you know what i mean), & the reaction is surprisingly good. the members are hard to please at the best of times.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Is it higher quality?

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Nit pick away my friend, I mean they only spent 14 years making the damn thing, and to have such obvious audio errors is un called for

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

do we have flac yet?

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

yes, they do not post transcodes.
basically, the site has taken over from oink.
e.g.

Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy [2008/MP3/V0(VBR)/Log]  129.25 MB

Board footer