You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Slash Confirms RCA Split

Von wrote:

As BLABBERMOUTH.NET first reported on November 14, VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash has now confirmed that the band has parted ways with RCA Records (a Sony BMG label), the record company that released the group's first two full-length albums. According to a posting on Slash's official fan site, "while it is true that VR is no longer with RCA, the truth is not as negative as the rumor. The band owed RCA money for a third album which at this time they are unable to produce (no singer). The band and RCA parted amicably. When they are recording the new album, it most likely will be for a new label."

VELVET REVOLVER's 2004 debut, "Contraband", has sold 1.98 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Its follow-up, "Libertad", has shifted a little over 300,000 units in the U.S. since its July 2007 release.

VELVET REVOLVER has been looking for a new frontman since dismissing Scott Weiland back in April. Rumored candidates have included ex-SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach, former MTV VJ Steve Isaacs (THE PANIC CHANNEL) and ex-SPACEHOG vocalist Royston Langdon, who apparently had several successful rehearsal sessions with the band.

Weiland reunited with his previous act, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, and has spent the last few months on the road with them.

In a recent interview with MTV.com, Weiland said about the split with his previous band, "VELVET REVOLVER fell apart because there were too many big egos in the band — and I'm including myself. It wasn't necessarily about bad egos, just big egos, and unfortunately, it just mistakenly kind of eroded."

-Blabbermouth-

Von

Von wrote:

VR bought out of their contract with RCA. Put on those reunion hats. Seriously.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I do think some of the CD songs could have used some Slash and Duff.  I won't lie.

Sky Dog wrote:

Slash yes...Duff...NO.

Von

Von wrote:

I think Duff is a very underrated bass player. He approaches his role almost like a rhythm guitar player, and his sound is crucial to the classic Guns' albums. Tommy Stinson, on the other hand, has been rendered nearly irrelevant in the mixing of the new material. Either that or his contributions weren't that strong to begin with (and I suspect the latter).

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

WOW!!!! Didn't realize Libertad tanked that badly.

Sky Dog wrote:
Von Solo wrote:

I think Duff is a very underrated bass player. He approaches his role almost like a rhythm guitar player, and his sound is crucial to the classic Guns' albums. Tommy Stinson, on the other hand, has been rendered nearly irrelevant in the mixing of the new material. Either that or his contributions weren't that strong to begin with (and I suspect the latter).

I suspect your wrong....Duff just copied Slash by his own admission. Anyhow, Velvet sucked and Duff is now a dried up, washed up tea toddling business man. Give me the guy who has been a tried and true rocker since he was 13.:beer::mosh: 19

yea, I know, I'm the only Tommy Stinson fan on the planet....blah blah blah.

This thread has nothing to do with Tommy so how did it turn into anything to do with him?

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

dont underestimate duffs role in GNR.. his solo efforts arent too shabby either.
As for Slash on C.D.. Prostitute afaic doesnt even have a solo.. Did someone win a guitar hero competition to play on that song or something
Axl shouldnt have let that appear on the cd without a kickass solo,.

Board footer