You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Happy CD Day

Von wrote:

Here we are. It took 14 years, but the day that every Gunner's been waiting for, some more secretly than others (you know who you are), is finally here. Release day. Not leak day. Not "I received my pre-order early" day. Release day. Thought we'd never have one of those again? I did. It's with a heavy heart that I, as a fan, end this chapter in my life. And that's exactly what it is, its own chapter. Over the past decade and a half, there's always been that one constant of the waiting and anticipation. When the leaks happened, we were special. It's like we were let in on some great cosmic secret not meant for everyone's ears. Not yet. But now it's something for the world to share in, whether they like it or not. So what happens next is anyone's guess. Reunion? Quite possibly. Touring CD? Time will tell. But for right now, for today, everyone can come today and celebrate the fact that for better or worse it's finally happened. The best fuckin' band in the world just released a new album. Happy CD day to all you Gunners. And to all those opposed....

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Cheers, brother!!!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Nice words man, I agree, it sure has been one hell of a journey. I can't believe it's taken 15 years of my life for this album to finally see the light of day, but it finally happened!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

congrats you guys...I've never been a very vocal member of the board...but this day is really special and only something that real GN'R fans could understand.

I remember discovering this album in high school. I am now 26. It's only been 10 years for me...but all the memories and conversations and band supporting/defending make us all invested in this album in one way or another.

I just can't believe it's finally here. Congrats guys...I'm glad I had you all to share it with.

redarmy76
 Rep: 5 

redarmy76 wrote:

I am 32 years old, and I haven't woke up this excited since Christmas 20 years ago, I cannot believe that we made it.  I have been a faithful optomist all of these years, but I will admit at one point last year I began to doubt.  Now the wait is over, I've got my plan for today and I can't wait.  Thanks Gunners this ride has been awesome

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Oh I wanted to also say thank you to the people who run this board...for without whom I would have been cast away from the site that shall not be named...meaning I would have no Gn'R family.

Thanks you guys for bustin' your asses (even you Lofton, lol) and making sure this site stayed alive after the original one disappeared.

You said it yourself, the site changed, but the people were the same. I've been reading posts from a lot of you for years.

Thanks for being my Gn'R family!!!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Cheers to everyone. It's a special feeling after all the time and dreams we've all invested in this band and this album. Totally agree with Von too about the Cosmic Secret. Doesn't seem real. But it's a great day for fans and for rock music!

Cheers to the people who run this site, it's nice not to be alone in my obsession!! Thanks to all our fellow members who make this the site for educated GNR talkback and not just fights and lies. And thanks to Axl and the GNR family...who rose above all the controversy and delivered an album i'm going to cherish for years!!

Sky Dog wrote:

THE ALBUM SOUNDS HUGE ON A BIG ROCK STEREO. Catcher has some pretty heavy bass thumping. Scraped has some wicked sounding guitars. Damnation.:lol:

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Haven't listened to it in headphones yet. Should be great. A lot of cool stuff going on.

Board footer