You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: GN'R/CD Promotion Materials

Aussie wrote:

Finally I have seen some promotion here in Oz.  I was just watching sports tonight and I saw a commercial come on advertising the album.  I was in another room and could hear the Chi Dem distorted guitar bursts and ran into the room to catch the end of the ad which bascailly showed "New Album Out Now" or something.

I was just shocked that there was finally SOME sort of promo.  Have you seen it yet Monkeychow?

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

yer in australia you wouldnt ever now they had cd out its a joke

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

yer on i tunes the single not even in the top 100 in australia

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I was just shocked that there was finally SOME sort of promo.  Have you seen it yet Monkeychow?

No sadly sad Though i haven't been watching much TV. It's just a wasted chance as I feel theres a large old-school hard rock crowd that would have given the thing a chance had they known it was out!

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

theres shit loads of copies of CD at jbhifi along with use you illusions but no big adevertising, not many people know about it

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

There was a promo commercial for CD on VH1 Classic today during Metal Mania.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Best Buys in Orland have done an horrible job getting this album out. I went to one today and the guy in charge of stocking had come in late. At 11:45am, he just began putting the end cap together.

No signage. No banners. No music. nothing.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The Best Buy I went to had a stand set up front with the new GN'R logo all over it, Chinese Democracy all over it, and an 'on sale' price bracket, explaining $19.99 - CD Vinyl / $11.99 CD disc / $7.99 AFD disc or GH disc.

It was four sided, 3 sides had the CD Vinyls at the top, with three rows/sections of CD the disc the rest of the way down. One side had CD Vinyls at the top, with a mixture of AFD & GH discs from the rest of the way down.

Pretty cool to see something Guns N' Roses related after all these years, and to see them pushing AFD & GH along side it for those that might not be familiar with the band.

I also want to say - the CD's were hit HARD. I asked a guy there, and he said it was packed that morning when they opened, within 4-5 hours of them putting it out, most of the CD's were already gone from their stand.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I thought the display was pathetic.  It was right by the door, but I had to go look for it because it didn't stand out at all.  There were a few CDs missing and the vinal all appeared to still be there.  Certainly none of the sell outs some people were predicting or at least worried about.  I didn't buy a copy...I'm going to wait for the price to come down.  As many as they bought, it may be in the bargain bin before next spring.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I thought the display was pathetic.  It was right by the door, but I had to go look for it because it didn't stand out at all.  There were a few CDs missing and the vinal all appeared to still be there.  Certainly none of the sell outs some people were predicting or at least worried about.  I didn't buy a copy...I'm going to wait for the price to come down.  As many as they bought, it may be in the bargain bin before next spring.

... aah forget it. roll

Board footer