You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: UYI as a double disc set-sold together,not separately

Sky Dog wrote:

Alright I 'm bored. UYI is a 20 or less song set - can't have anymore songs-2 discs sold together. Let's see your tracklist. Pick your singles as well.

Disc 1
1. Right Next Door to Hell
2. Dust N'Bones
3. Perfect Crime
4. Bad Obsession
5. Double Talkin' Jive
6. November Rain
7. Garden of Eden
8. Don't Damn Me
9. Coma

Disc 2
1. Civil War
2. 14 Years
3. Yesterdays
4. Dead Horse
5. Breakdown
6. The Garden
7. Locomotive
8. You Could Be Mine
9. Estranged

*singles in order of release 1. YCBM 2. November Rain 3. Yesterdays
*the rest would have been left for a b-sides album.:mosh:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Disc 1

1. The Garden
2. Dust N Bones
3. Perfect Crime
4. Bad Obsession
5. Double Talkin Jive
6. November Rain
7.  Don't Cry
8. Back off Bitch
9. Don't Damn Me
10. Coma

Disc 2

1. Civil War
2. 14 Years
3. Yesterdays
4. Breakdown
5. Pretty Tied Up
6.Locomotive
7. So Fine
8. You Could Be Mine
9. Estranged

I would only have 4 singles from this set:

The Garden (this would have been big had it been released as the 1st single)
Dust N Bones(obviously this would only be able to happen if Izzy hadn't left)
November Rain
Civil War

Even when breaking down these albums to twenty tracks(in my case 19) they still come off as a solid yet weak effort. Some fat could still be trimmed. UYI is close to greatness, yet so far away. The band was too ambitious at the time, and what could have went down as one of the greatest albums of all time turned into a bloated, overproduced two disc set.

Sky Dog wrote:

oh, I love the Garden and Civil War much more than any of my choices for singles. However, Civil had  already been played a ton on radio when it was released on the charity album. The Garden...yeah I could see it as a first single-killer song about trippin' with an awesome Slash solo and way cool Axl vocals.:cool: Yeah, I could take out the cover songs as well...but I'm anal and wanted 20 tracks.:haha: KOHD had already been played out on radio anyway....shouldn't have been on the record. Fuck it, no cover tunes....I am amending my first post.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Civil War had been played a ton, but it never received the proper single treatment. I still think it could have been popular after all that airplay it received. I agree 100% on the covers. Those covers never should have come within a light year of those records. You have epics like Coma, NR, The Garden,etc., but are gonna throw KOHD and LALD at us? Gimme a break. LALD shouldn't have even been released. It still could have been a live staple without being on an album(like KOHD 1987-91).

If covers were needed, I think Aint It Fun and New Rose would have fit better on the records. Both tracks were completed during the UYI sessions.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Civil War had been played a ton, but it never received the proper single treatment. LALD shouldn't have even been released.

If covers were needed, I think Aint It Fun and New Rose would have fit better on the records. Both tracks were completed during the UYI sessions.

New Rose sucks hmm  Ain't It Fun would have been great on the UYIs though. Anyway, with those punk and not punk songs recorded, they should have rid of all the UYI covers, and TSI would have been better with LALD and KOHD. And with those Hanoi Rocks songs that has never got released.

My tracklists (with mixed up songs):

UYI I

Pretty Tied Up
Locomotive
Don' t Cry
Perfect Crime
Dust N' Bones
Bad Obsession
Double Talkin' Jive
So Fine
Estranged
Coma

UYI II

Civil War
Garden of Eden
The Garden
Don't Damn Me
November Rain
14 Years
You Could Be Mine
Bad Apples
Breakdown

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Disk I:

1  YCBM
2  DTJ
3  Locomotive
4  Bad Obsession
5  Perfect Crime
6  Pretty Tied Up
7  Don't Damn Me
8  Back Off Bitch
9  14 Years
10 Slither (since we're dreaming)
11 Better (ditto)
12 Locomotive (Instrumental)

Disk II:

1  November Rain
2  Breakdown (minus the Axl speech at the end)
3  Civil War
4  Estranged
5  Don't Cry
6  The Garden
7  Coma
8  TWAT

Singles would be Slither, November Rain, Coma, Civil War, TWAT

Obviously I took some liberties, so if I was forced to replace Slither, Better, and TWAT, I'd use Bad Apples, Garden of Eden, and I'd have had Axl work on My World to make it listenable (if possible).  YCBM would replae Slither as a single and Locomotive could replace TWAT

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

2  Breakdown (minus the Axl speech at the end)

Sorry this is off topic, but if you turn your balance all the way to one side (I forget which side) you don't have to hear that speach, and you can actually hear the BITCHIN solo that Slash is laying down underneath it.

Board footer