You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: SLASH Planning Solo Album

AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Buckethead (maybe a dueling banjos type thing)
Cornell
MJ
Lenny Kravitz
M.I.A.
Rob Thomas
Dido
PJ Harvey
Ann Wilson
Edward Kowalczyk(singer from Live)

Cool list... but that "Chinese Democracy" Quadrilogy is the only less likely that some of those collaborations...

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

He should do something with Pink. I always dug her voice, and allegedly SCOM is her favorite song...

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Hate to be the first person who says it, but I really don't want to get my hopes up concerning a Slash solo record. Based off recent Slash stuff I really can't say I'm excited at all. I might even dread it, because if it's just mediocre (which I think is what it's gonna be) then Slash goes down a couple notches in my book.

I hope it will be a great album, and he really does have the chance to blow minds, but I feel like people might be expecting too much. 

I for one hope it's great despite my worrying smile

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I would be really interested in what people like Mike Patton, Chris Cornell or Dave Grohl could get out of Slash. He seems to respond in a unique way to each singer he works with and that gets me pumped about him colloborating with new artists. Each of those guys are multi instrumentalists and accomplished vocalists so the jams would be mouth watering.
I hope it's done correctly and Slash is put with the right people. If he goes too old school it could be a stiff..

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Jimmy ZigZag wrote:

actually I'd like to see him collaborate with Izzy more.   I think if Izzy was writing songs with him, I think theres huge potential for strong material.   I doubt it wuld happen, but it would be cool.  I was bummed out when Izzy left VR before they were VR.

Thanks to my friend Ed for pointing this out to me:

From the 2002 Guitar One magazine interview w. Slash (AFD 15 year anniversary):

You've been jamming with Izzy again. Any new perspective on why your playing styles work so well together?

It's the kind of thing where no matter who comes up with the initial idea, I never really have to go, "Izzy, play this part this way." He just plays his thing his own way, and we never really talk about it much.

Last night, we went in and took two songs from scratch, just basic chord changes, and worked them into full songs. That's one of the things about me and Izzy working together, he knows where I'm at, and I know where he's at. And that's the way it's always been. I make up something that accompanies his part, and at the same time accents it, and he does the same with my parts. We have that kind of chemistry. We've always been good friends, so for us to get in a room and play is a very easy thing to do.

What can we expect from you next?

I'm putting together another record with some stuff I've done with Izzy and other stuff I've done on my own. I want to start writing with other people as well, and put together an album with a lot of guests -- a really cool rock 'n' roll record with people you wouldn't expect to hear together.

Whether the two songs he penned with Izzy are still on the table is obviously debatable, but Slash was talking about the same record in the above interview.

Board footer