You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: The lack of guitars/riffs

BLS-Pride wrote:

Well I find that to be true with most bands. Live settings always amp up the songs.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
skippy wrote:

I think the majority of the public has been under a rock regarding what was going on with this band.

Having heard the leaks, I think they did a better job of capturing the vibe of song more than the finished product did, along with putting the guitar more at the forefront.  I think I.R.S. is a perfect example of this.

Amazing guitar work at times, but lacking a hook or the want to get up and do some air guitar. {Not that that's the coolest thing either}

Anyway, thanks for listening, answering, and contributing.

It's getting harder and harder to find people who don't immediately laugh when you bring GnR up.

Anytime i've brought up GN'R since that 2002 VMA performance, I get a huge roaring laugh out of anyone I talk to.

Seriously.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
mickronson wrote:

aint no laughing here dude.. we all serious fans

Good one.:haha:

I see what people mean in terms of lacking riffs. It's very different, but I think there's a lot of cool guitar all over, just more scattered perhaps. Better that than somebody trying to sound like the old band. So I see it more as "not fitting" as opposed to "lacking".

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Hold on

Someone actually said CD was a better guitar album than Death Magnetic?

U have got to be fucking shitting me?

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

And not to turn this into a mutual circular suck-off session, but it's nice to have a myriad of differing opinions without questioning person's fandom, motive, sexual orientation, hearing, etc.

I certainly can see the value and "both sides" of where people are trying to come to terms with this release.

As far the guitar riffs...for example on Prostitute, the little riff that starts at 4 seconds in could have been explored more in my opinion, rather than going into a series of string bends.  Sometimes it feels like the strings and other instruments get the part that would sound more "alive" if it were to be given to the guitar.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Hold on

Someone actually said CD was a better guitar album than Death Magnetic?

U have got to be fucking shitting me?

no he just said that some of the guitar work on CD is impossible to learn where the Metallaca stuff is just hard to learn..and that there is way more guitar on DM than there is on CD

I think 16

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

The opening guitar riff in Rhiad is heard in the background for most of the track. I think it is pretty cool.

Better's guitar melody is beautiful. Thanks to Robin.

The booming Sorry riff is reminiscent of Sabbath.

I think the Chinese melody is a lot better with some of the depth Ron added.

Although not a guitar based track, the melody of Madagascar is the best on the album. Melancholic and inspiring.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I dont think anyone can make an argument.

Who cares whose solos are harder

We are talking pure riffage and u ain't beating Death Magnetic. I am sorry.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
killingvector wrote:

you must have different black sabbath records than i do 16 19

R.B. Huckleberry
 Rep: 2 

Neemo wrote:
killingvector wrote:

you must have different black sabbath records than i do 16 19

I have those same records, then...'cuz I agree. Definitely an Iommi chorus. No offense intended.

Board footer