You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

Re: Angel Down Selling Out

sandman wrote:

i hit 3 stores in philly where it sold out yesterday. finally started calling and had an FYE hold a copy for me. i spoke to the manager when i picked it up and he said they received 5 copies. and since my phone call he had 3 or 4 people ask about it, so he had put in an order for many more.

no way was this planned. only people actually interested in the album are aware of it selling out. Bach needs this album to be seen on the shelf by as many people as possible. and much more importantly, it needs to be on the shelf over the next 5 days. if it is not, it is a catastrophe for him.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Backslash wrote:

My assumption is that the record company didn't expect this to sell as well as it is.

This is what I think as well.  Bach is not a big enough player in the industry to use a tactic like shipping out the cds in low quantities to create a buzz.  He is at a position where he can really just "get by" with the type of sells that would be expected from a new release from him, the LAST thing he will want to do is lose sells.  If this album were to debut in the top 40 it would be a MAJOR success for him, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The problem is going to be once all the Guns fans have their copies, record stores are going to be stuck with all these extra copies that will end up in the bargain bin.  Nobody else wants this album and most that bought it did so ONLY to hear Axl.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I got the last copy at my local Target. I was ready to drive around to find it though.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw wrote:

The problem is going to be once all the Guns fans have their copies, record stores are going to be stuck with all these extra copies that will end up in the bargain bin.  Nobody else wants this album and most that bought it did so ONLY to hear Axl.

I disagree, I recently joined up to his official forum and there are a ton of Bach fans that have nothing to do with GNR.

I am going to Best Buy and this other record store near there, can't think of the name right now I think it's Fye and I'll report back on how I did and ask them how many boxes of cd's they have.

EDIT:

This website called Hardrock Hideout gives the album a great review and there are a few comments all very positive, this album is going to do insanely well as predicted by some of us, sure in next weeks to come will be the real test and they have to get more stock out there or people will start downloading.

http://hardrockhideout.wordpress.com/20 … down-2007/

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I dunno DTJ...i'm thinking along the lines of James and Buzzsaw here,

prolly only a handful of copies were sent to each store....and its selling cuz Axl is on it, if you dont have it yet ya might wanna wait until the new year and check bargain bins like buzzsaw suggested

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not saying there aren't Bach fans out there, but the number is small in comparison to the Guns and Axl fans out there.  Those people got their copies right away.  Who is going to buy all the extra copies?  Without a hit single, nobody will. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Back in the Saddle released as a single, and when that happens, everybody will know the real reason Baz asked Axl to sing on his record.  Sure, they're friends, but Baz has other friends as well, right?  How many songs did they sing on?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

but Baz has other friends as well, right?

I dunno maybe he doesnt 16

Kidding, I'm kidding 19

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

I was thinking of going and getting the album today, but I dont think I'll waste my time. Its probably wont even be on the shelves with the new releases.

2 -5 copies for each store? WTF?

If a person walks into store and sees 50 or so copies of an album, they'll pick it up if they recognize the name. They're not gonna walk over to the S section, see Sebastian Bach, see one copy of an album, and think "this is a new release, I might buy it."

Bull shit move.

Board footer