You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy - will you or won't you

Since the whole issue of downloading is being talked about with recent comments from Baz and the recent layoffs from Geffen and since I started an exact same thread for Angel Down,  I wanted to get a feel from this board who will support Chinese Demo. or who won't when it's finally released.   

I am definitely supporting.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'll be buying it too

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

I'll more than likely buy one of every version w/different tracks, etc.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I'm pretty sure everyone on this board will buy it. If it leaks early, I'll probably DL it also. But I'll buy it just for the casing, cover, lyrics, pics, artwork etc.  I'm old-skool like dat!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
BurningHills wrote:

I'll more than likely buy one of every version w/different tracks, etc.

I wont go that far, i'll buy one. same with VR i bought the colour i thought looked coolest of the three

I'd hope everyone would buy it.  I"m going to get two copies at least smile

Deniz
 Rep: 1 

Deniz wrote:

We usually get albums months later in my country so i won't wait and i'll dload it. If i like it, i'll buy the album when it arrives to my local music store.

Btw, i don't believe Axl is gonna release it, atleast not before it leaks enough to lose it's curiosity factor.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:

IM willing to bet 4 out of every 5 that  say's they will buy
it will down load it. People say o I down load songs & if I don't like
them I delete  them???? You know what If you walked into a Store
walked out with the CD listen to it don't like it & throw it out it's
still dose not make it right.  As for what Sebastian had to say.
It was never said he would not make another CD,he said it's going to
be along time.

Baz paid for every thing that came out on Angel Down
out of his own pocket. All the great musicians the topnotch producer & so on.
If you go back & read what  was originally  written The guy starts off with how
much He loved what Skid Row did & how "BIG" Damnocracy could have been.
Then he gets to questions about who's Sebastian's favorite Guitarist (Ace Frehley{Excellent Choice})
When Baz say's hey if this is what where going to talk about Im going to get going.

So the guy jumps to some Angel Down questions which
of course should have been the subject of conversation but Im not blaming
the Guy as a long time Fan those are great questions. As for the CD Angel Down
it's a great CD & to sell 14,000 in the US  in under a month in this Day in age is not
that Bad. He has sold even more over Seas but he is compareing Now to then.

As for what I said about Axl Never putting out Chinese Democracy
I stand by the fact why should he. If you where really his fan you would by
the work he's done.In stead 4 out of every  5 Stole it. How can anyone
100% guaranty that will not happen to Chinese Democracy???

Personally with the Anticipation of the CD it's going to
well,but the CD is now Millions in cost, will it match those numbers?
And as I pointed out in another post The follow up is even more in question.

What about those 4 out of 5 people that say Im going to down load
it & if I like it I will go & buy it? Will they? Why they all ready have the songs. 17

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Acekicken wrote:

What about those 4 out of 5 people that say Im going to down load
it & if I like it I will go & buy it? Will they? Why they all ready have the songs. 17

WTF are you talking about??? You make up arbitrary numbers such as "4 out of 5 of you" then later state them like they are a fact?!

Will people download CD, yes. Alot? Probably. People from this forum without ever buying it? I don't think so, not many at least. And certainly not 4 out of 5. Maybe 1 out of 5, although I doubt that. Maybe 3 or 4 ppl never buy CD. Why? This is a Guns N Roses messege board!! We've waited long & hard for that moment to come. Have alot of us downloaded albums in the past 2 years?? Yes. Probably bands like PJ, RHCP, Foo Fighters, Buckcherry etc.... and some of us might DL new U2, Metallica & Green Day. But it's different because this isn't a Green Day board. It's not a Pearl Jam board. I bet most PJ fans on their messege boards don't DL their album, same thing with U2. They BUY their own baands album, DL the rest. Some ppl here don't like VR, and downloaded it. But not everyone here is a VR fan. I'm pretty sure everyone here is a GnR fan and if not.... out of curiousity what are you doing here?!

4 out of 5 is ridiculous, quit making up #'s.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If you think 4 out of 5 GNR fans aren't going to buy this record, you're more delusional than Bach. Sure, when frustration gets high people say, "fuck it I'll just download it".

Here's the thing: We've all waited years for this. Its our favorite band in the world. We want the other albums that have been recorded. Everyone knows if you don't support CD, there is no chance at the others ever being released.

CD isn't going to sell millions, but you can bet your ass the few thousand at these communities buy it.

You know what If you walked into a Storewalked out with the CD listen to it don't like it & throw it out it's still dose not make it right.

When I buy a CD, I can do whatever the hell I want to do with it.

Board footer