You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy - will you or won't you

There was a thread at MyGnR where a bunch of trolls were talking about how they were going to torrent the album.. and these are guys who post there every day.   so much negative energy wasted on something they clearly dispise.    some people need to find a new hobby.

with that said, 4 out of 5, no way.   i think everyone on this board short of 1 or 2 people will buy this album.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I'll probably download it when it leaks, then buy the CD when it's released.

I wanna support GN'R, and it would just bother me that I don't have the best sounding thing out there!

Tell me this though:  Is it wrong to download the GN'R discography after I've already bought all the CDs, but they got ruined?

Granted this is a GNR board and I would expect everyone on here to buy this but you never know who just might say no.   Which yes, agreed with Pasnow the question would be what are you doing here.  I have seen some posts on all boards when it comes to GNR and granted I understand the frustration but the same question comes to mind so I started this thread to see what kind of answers we'd get.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:

First off Im Guns n Roses fan,I have bought all the CDs
Hollywood Rose,Slash first solo Cd & Duffs. What Im saying
is how can you guaranty it will sell enough to cover the cost?

How many millions have been spent now?
Another thing I did not finger point any one out.

What Im getting at is if Axl wanted to put out a feeler
to just get an idea of what could or could not happen. Angel Down
was a good one. I have lost count of the post I have read not necessarily
here but On Guns n Rose forums that say I only wanted the songs Axl sang on.
But IM not going to pay for it?

Synyster Gates wrote:

Tell me this though:  Is it wrong to download the GN'R discography after I've already bought all the CDs, but they got ruined?

my feeling is if you paid for it, its yours.   but other people might have different opinions.

Acekicken wrote:

First off Im Guns n Roses fan,I have bought all the CDs
Hollywood Rose,Slash first solo Cd & Duffs. What Im saying
is how can you guaranty it will sell enough to cover the cost?

How many millions have been spent now?
Another thing I did not finger point any one out.

What Im getting at is if Axl wanted to put out a feeler
to just get an idea of what could or could not happen. Angel Down
was a good one. I have lost count of the post I have read not necessarily
here but On Guns n Rose forums that say I only wanted the songs Axl sang on.
But IM not going to pay for it?

I do agree that Axl is probably paying attention to Angel Down's sales and also to what is being said on the boards about buying it or the album.   I would be.

nugdafied wrote:

I won't be buying it. Nothing I've heard so far interests me. Sorry, but I stopped taking Axl seriously while cringing through the '02 VMA's. His antics are fun to read about though! 22

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Acekicken wrote:

What Im saying is how can you guaranty it will sell enough to cover the cost?

There are no guarantees!!! Thats the point. We live in the 21st century. The music industry is entirely different than it used to be. You cant sit on your ass and rake in dough from your albums selling millions of copies. Did M.I.A. cry a river when Kala sold 18,000 copies its first week? No. She kept touring her ass off, and the album is about to hit the 100,000 sales mark, and will most likely go well beyond that now that its starting to win album of the year awards. She never gave up. She kept pounding the pavement until her knuckles bled. Even suffering from major burnout on tour, but is continuing anyways. She believes in what she is doing, and its reasons like that she will always have my full support no matter what she does.

Had she blamed me for Kala selling 18,000 its first week, I most likely wouldn't have went to 3 of her shows. She realizes its the 21st century, and is adapting to the change.

Deniz
 Rep: 1 

Deniz wrote:
Acekicken wrote:

People say o I down load songs & if I don't like
them I delete  them???? You know what If you walked into a Store
walked out with the CD listen to it don't like it & throw it out it's
still dose not make it right.

Bumblefoot once wrote an article about deleting dloaded tracks if you don't like it enough to buy the album and how he was ok with that. I'm trying to find the article, anyone remember it?

Board footer