You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: How Did Axl Get Involved With Grand Theft Auto...?

AtariLegend wrote:

Does anyone how Axl got involved in the GTA: San Andreas game a few years ago... ?

This was around the so-called dead period, so it was a bit shocking when I heard about it, as I'm sure it was too you guys.

...And any chance he could've got involved with the delayed GTA 4...?

AtariLegend wrote:

Source: MTV Multiplayer

Paradise City has 'Paradise City.'In a case of getting things just right, EA announced this morning to MTV Multiplayer and GameTrailers that the soundtrack for next month's 'Burnout Paradise' will feature Guns N Roses'˜ 1987 'grass is green' and 'girls are pretty' anthem 'Paradise City.'

Players will hear it when they boot up the game on a PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. They'll hear it during the open-world racing game's lone initial loading screen. PS3 owners will also hear a looped instrumental version before they even boot up the game, just by highlighting an icon for the game on their system menu.

Slash and Axl aren't alone, of course. EA provided Multiplayer a first look at the games' 40-song rock-heavy play-list, which includes Alice in Chains, Twisted Sister and more. The tracks are listed after the jump and will play as gamers race through Paradise City. (Players not into whatever track they hear will be able to press the right bumper or the R1 button to cycle through to the next one).

But there are actually more than 40 songs, and more than just rockers on the roster. The game includes music from Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Boccherini and other classical composers. Has the crash-crazy 'Burnout' series gone soft? The classical music tracks start playing when the player lets their 'Burnout' car idle for several seconds. The game switches to a screensaver mode. The game's rich color palette dampens to black and white, the camera starts moving on its own, away from the player's idling car. And the classics play. 'Burnout' has never been quite so civilized.

How's this for a line-up?

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Dance From the 'Nutcracker Suite'
Luigi Rodolfo Boccherini, Minuet
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, 'Eine Kleine Nachtmusik'
Camille Saint-Saens, 'Carnival of the Animals'

The rest of the 'Burnout Paradise' soundtrack is after the jump. The game will be available on January 22.

'Burnout Paradise' Soundtrack (not including the game's classical music tracks)

Adam And The Ants, 'Stand And Deliver'
Agent Blue, 'Snowhill'
Airbourne, 'Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast'
Alice In Chains, 'Would?'
Army Of Me, 'Going Through Changes'
Avril Lavigne, 'Girlfriend'
B'z, 'FRICTION'
Brain Failure feat. Dicky Barrett, 'Coming Down To Beijing'
Brand New , 'The Archers Bows Have Broken'
Bromheads Jacket, 'Fight Music For The Fight'
Depeche Mode, 'Route 66 (Beatmasters Mix)'
Faith No More, 'Epic'
Guns N' Roses, 'Paradise City'
Innerpartysystem, Heart Of Fire'
Jane's Addiction, 'Stop!'
Jimmy Eat World, 'Electable (Give It Up)'
Junkie XL feat. Lauren Rocket, 'Cities In Dust'
Jupiter One, 'Fire Away'
Kerli, 'Creepshow'
Killswitch Engage, 'My Curse'
LCD Soundsystem, 'Us V. Them'
Make Good Your Escape, 'Beautiful Ruin'
Maxeen, 'Block Out The World'
Mexicolas, 'Come Clean'
N.E.R.D., 'Rockstar (Jason Nevins Mix)'
Never Heard Of It*, 'Finger On The Trigger'
Operator, 'Nothing To Lose'
Permanent ME, 'Until You Leave'
Saosin, 'Collapse'
Seether, 'Fake It'
Senses Fail, 'Calling All Cars'
Showing Off To Thieves*, 'Everyone Has Their Secrets'
Skybombers, 'It Goes Off'
Soundgarden, 'Rusty Cage'
Sugarcult, 'Dead Living'
Swervedriver, 'Duel'
The Photo Atlas, 'Red Orange Yellow'
The Pigeon Detectives, 'I'm Not Sorry'
The Styles, 'Glitter Hits (J.J. Puig Mix)'
Twisted Sister, 'I Wanna Rock'

*Winner of the second international Burnout Bandslam competition.

Thanks to "Axls Back" at MYGNR.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Does anyone how Axl got involved in the GTA: San Andreas game a few years ago... ?

This was around the so-called dead period, so it was a bit shocking when I heard about it, as I'm sure it was too you guys.

I don't really think anyone knows how he got involved, which is why it was such a big shock when it was announced. 

I thought it was really cool though.  He's pretty funny, and he even makes fun of the station that plays "Welcome To The Jungle" in the game.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I don't know but I can probably find out smile The creator of Grand theft auto was a student at Dundee University years ago and now gives lectures every few months about the gaming industry, and is always open for questions at the end of each lecture.

Whilst I'm no longer at the Uni a few of my mates are, they can let me know when a lecture is forthcoming. I've attended one of his lectures before and it was pretty interesting. I was stoned at the time and thought the guy was a legend. Not only did he invent GTA but also "Lemmings" 16

Anyway, when I hear of an upcoming lecture I'll be sure to interrogate him for more information smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I love the GTA games. Perfection. They come up with amazing soundtracks that really set the tone for the game. Vice City is my favorite. No game will ever come close to the 80's vibe that had.

Andreas was good, but its the only GTA game I didn't beat. I rented it, and I was really far into the game, but one of my cousins fucked up my game and a bunch of gangs had taken over my territories and other shit. It wasn't worth the effort to bother fixing everything, so I quit.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Rockstar North's Main HQ is in Edinburgh though downliner. I pass it every day on the way to school. Also yeah I've always wondered how he got involved.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think he was in the studio when they went down to record some of the audio for the game and they asked him and he said yeah

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I love the GTA games. Perfection. They come up with amazing soundtracks that really set the tone for the game. Vice City is my favorite. No game will ever come close to the 80's vibe that had.

Andreas was good, but its the only GTA game I didn't beat. I rented it, and I was really far into the game, but one of my cousins fucked up my game and a bunch of gangs had taken over my territories and other shit. It wasn't worth the effort to bother fixing everything, so I quit.

I achieved 100% completion on San Andreas 13

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i got 99% on GTA3

84% on vice city and something like 73 on san adreas...it was jsut too long for me, took me 14 months to finally end it 17

i'm in the middle of liberty city stories now then i have to tackle vice city stories

my fav though was vice city, in all aspects, specially the radio stations they had a real radio feel to them. the san andreas radio stations felt too peice meal, like a bunch of snippets pushed in between songs, vice city though fellt like a constant stream of radio

briggsy
 Rep: 19 

briggsy wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i think he was in the studio when they went down to record some of the audio for the game and they asked him and he said yeah

that sounds about right

Neemo wrote:

the san andreas radio stations felt too peice meal, like a bunch of snippets pushed in between songs, vice city though fellt like a constant stream of radio

thats why I always listened to my own music while playing SA

I haven't played GTA in awhile, I think I got the 2 city story games but never played them...I might have to find them and get back into the games before GTA IV comes out smile
also, since we are on the topic anyway, has anyone went back and played the first GTA again recently? that game still kicks so much ass 9

Board footer