You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Guns N’ Roses May Put Music on Facebook

Naltav wrote:

There's been soooo many vague things that at some point was supposed to happen, so I'm with Axlin08.

I read that fb-post and then went about my day.  smile

If it happens it happens. If not, no big surprise...

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
DCK wrote:

What I read was:

They might put some music on their FB site

If anyone else reads more into it, they are silly. You can't expect GNR to think "errr..let's not say we will put a few songs on FB because the hardcores might be angry it's not new music".

Just give it a fucking rest, that means both hardcores and Rolling Stone.

They already have songs on the facebook page.. Why even post something like that when everyone in this community knows there will be backlash. It's asking for fans to be bitchy and harp on the neg more than any positive.

At this point who the fuck would care if catcher or this i love is on the FB page? It's old news.. You post something like that most people are expecting something new or different.

Doesn't matter what their intentions are. Just don't take the bait and don't over analyze it based on all the baggage you bring into those sentences.

Give it a rest and I'm sure everyone will be more happy.

If there's already music there...why not add another and why not say it. Do they really have to take into consideration this little groups of analyzing hardcores. I've stopped. They are too vague and so I roll with what they give me.

If another band had said the same I wouldn't even have raised my eyebrows. Regardless.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^If any band who already has music on their site said that next year they would attempt to get music on the site, I would assume it ment new material rather than rotating existing material, to me it's the common sense meaning of the phrase in the absense of some more specific information.

Add in that GNR is a band with a known demand for new materail, from the fanbase, and in the media when they give interviews - and it furthers the likelyhood that the comment is going to be taken that way.

I agree with you that it's unwise to expect anything so I'm not holding my breath.

But in my opionion, that comment was the facebook version of a little 'trailer' - much like how DJ a while back hinted that they're keen to follow up.

It does not mean it will happen, but if it doesn't happen - it would still be easier for me to beleive that when they wrote that they WANTED it to happen and it just didn't play out, rather than trying to twist the words into meaning swapping around the existing playlists on the site - which is quite an illogical meaning for that phrase to have given the context.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I took the "blue" comment to mean that the page looks a little too "generic facebook" and they're planning to give it a overhaul.

They have 5 million people following them on FB now so fuck the small hardcore communities and let the masses hear the greatest hits for free on FB - its what they want to hear unfortunately sad

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Ahh yeah could be facebook blue...I was thinking like blue=sad, but that does make sence.

Although they already have vids for SCOM, NR, Patience and KOHD up there.

Sky Dog wrote:

wow...the whole conversation is shit. Guessing what these assholes say on facebook is a fool's game. I'm in the shut the fuck up category. Do something with it or shut up.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Right on Maddy.

This 21st century gay-ass bullshit makes me so sick to even comment on it anymore. What happened to the good 'ole days? You release new material on a fucking album every couple of years - wow.

Now we've gotta play 20 questions of FACEBOOK?!?!?!

No man, no... Axl if you're gonna release something, put out an album man, and if Uni is giving you a hard time, torrent the whole mother fuckin' vault.

But GN'R is too old and too legend to play this Katy Perry texting gen bs.

*end rant*

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Right on Maddy.

This 21st century gay-ass bullshit makes me so sick to even comment on it anymore. What happened to the good 'ole days? You release new material on a fucking album every couple of years - wow.

Now we've gotta play 20 questions of FACEBOOK?!?!?!

No man, no... Axl if you're gonna release something, put out an album man, and if Uni is giving you a hard time, torrent the whole mother fuckin' vault.

But GN'R is too old and too legend to play this Katy Perry texting gen bs.

*end rant*

Wow! Someone's feeling a bit old?  smile

There's 500 million users on FB. And 5 million of those are "friends" with GNR. It's not the worst idea to keep that camp happy and engaged (even if it is Del, Fernando or Jarmo doing it)...

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

"GN'R is too old and too legend to play this Katy Perry texting gen bs."

Funny, I realised the other day that the word "immature" popped into my head quite often when reading Guns N Roses tweets.

Board footer