You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Adele Discussion

misterID wrote:

Big fan of Adele.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

11 weeks at No. 1 in the UK.
Brilliant album and she's a KID.
If she can stay away from the glass pipe/needle/booze/shit men she could be the next Aretha Franklin.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … y-20110413

Adele Opens Up About Her Inspirations, Looks and Stage Fright in New Rolling Stone Cover Story
'I don't make music for eyes. I make music for ears,' the British soul singer tells Touré
main.jpg

Rolling Stone
April 13, 2011 8:00 AM ET

The new issue of Rolling Stone, on stands and in the digital archives on April 15th, features an interview with Adele in which the British soul singer reveals that she doesn't worry much about her fluctuating weight. "My life is full of drama and I won't have time to worry about something as petty as what I look like," she tells Rolling Stone contributing editor Touré. "I don't like going to the gym. I like eating fine foods and drinking nice wine. Even If I had a really good figure, I don't think I'd get my tits and ass out for no one."

Adele has no beef with other female recording artists who choose to flaunt their bodies. "I love seeing Lady Gaga's boobs and bum," she says. "I love seeing Katy Perry's boobs and bum. Love it. But that's not what my music is about. I don't make music for eyes. I make music for ears."

• Many of the songs on her hit album 21 were inspired by a break-up with her boyfriend. "He was artistic, but not romantic," she says. "We'd just bicker over a cup of tea or the fact that my lighter wasn't working." Nonetheless, Adele says, "He made me an adult and put me on the road that I'm traveling on."

• Despite the fact that she's one of the most successful new recording artists of the past few years, Adele still has terrible stage fright problems. "I'm scared of audiences," she says. "One show in Amsterdam I was so nervous I escaped out the fire exit. I've thrown up a couple of times. Once in Brussels I projectile vomited on someone. I just gotta bear it. But I don't like touring. I have anxiety attacks a lot."

• Adele says her dad was never in the picture. He recently talked to a British tabloid and said that he regretted his actions. "I never knew my dad," she says. "He has no fuckin' right to talk about me."

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

11 weeks at No. 1 in the UK.
Brilliant album and she's a KID.
If she can stay away from the glass pipe/needle/booze/shit men she could be the next Aretha Franklin.

She's the next Amy Winehouse, don't worry about it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

^^

heh, heh, jerk wink

"I don't like going to the gym. I like eating fine foods and drinking nice wine. Even If I had a really good figure, I don't think I'd get my tits and ass out for no one."

Yeah, fuck em.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I could see her taking some time off to support the child and be a good mother. Also I sense a sort of Double Fantasy song writing approach if she decides to record another album in the near future or just have a positive reflective songwriting mind set with adding in some rough cuts about moving forward I guess. Not a big Adele fan; but I can listen to a good number of her songs and she is fine! wink

Board footer