You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: HBO's A Game of Thrones

misterID wrote:

In Euron's defense, I think he basically had three scenes last season and one was on a swinging bridge in the rain and the other was his inauguration in the sea so he didn't have a lot to work with.

I hate Sansa. HATE Sansa.

Dany has seemed out of character this whole season. I think they're trying too hard to create tension. It just seems like a big leap in her new found mean streak than her rational mindset when she left for her journey last season.

And I hate Sansa.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I don't think they know what to do with Sansa. They don't want to make her a villain, and the scene they showed her ruling was just laughable. Like she would know more about armor than commanders and blacksmiths.

I doubt Jon returns home this season, so they're trying to show she's a ruler.  But they never set her up for this. They set her up to deceive, and I don't see them having her follow through on that fucking over Jon.  Bran's the wise one and Arya is the tough one. Sansa just doesn't really fit in her story. But if they can show her holding the North together in a conflict, maybe they can turn her deception training into just realizing how the game is played, and using that realization to protect hers.

Euron has been fantastic and it's good to have a real villain again. I think his time is at an end though. The dothraki and unsullied are both on land. His sea threat isn't much anymore. I just don't see him being part of anything big since we know from the season trailer they'll be headed north soon. The only place he could raid is Old Town, and what's really the point?

If they're going to pair up Dany and Jon, they need to establish both of them as strong characters otherwise you rob either of their past actions and arc. Creating conflict early on is a way to them to win each other over.  I really don't see anyone else for her to pair with. She can't marry Theon. Jorah's a no. That leaves Jamie, Tyrion and Robin Aryyn. Jon looks best setup, considering his parentage.

No idea on Arya's long game though. Getting to King's Landing to clip Cersei doesn't seem likely soon. So we'll see what happens. I don't see how her faceless skills help against the Night King.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I think arya will kill little finger and/or sansa

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Sansa is hot though. Man that Sophie Turner meow mama. Take me down to the red room, ha.

Jon and Dany need to bang.

misterID

misterID wrote:

In the books, is Sansa moving towards being a villain?

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

In the books, is Sansa moving towards being a villain?

umm, I would say maybe? Her story is left off in the books after Lysa dies.  The whole Lysa murder is a lot more complicated, but the show did it right.  There's a cousin to Robin who's called Harry the Heir (great name, huh?) who LF wants to marry Sansa too after Sweet Robin is out of the picture.  She's more aware of her sexuality in the books, but so is everyone.  Cersei and Dany engage in sex with women.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yea messandai and danyerys get it on in the books

From my recollection in the books Sansa is being steered toward being a villain and  quite content to play the game of thrones to LF's tune by posing as his neice...she was not sad to see Lysa get killed and was more open to LF's advances

In the book Baelish is still master of coin, he controls the fingers (his homeland), Harrenhal, the Eyrie and is talking about claiming winterfell with Sansa

Correct me if I'm wrong

Randall Flagg

Neemo wrote:

Yea messandai and danyerys get it on in the books

From my recollection in the books Sansa is being steered toward being a villain and  quite content to play the game of thrones to LF's tune by posing as his neice...she was not sad to see Lysa get killed and was more open to LF's advances

In the book Baelish is still master of coin, he controls the fingers (his homeland), Harrenhal, the Eyrie and is talking about claiming winterfell with Sansa

Correct me if I'm wrong

Messandei is 8 in the books (I believe she's a faceless man) so they don't get it on. But Dany never lost the dothraki and pentoshi maids she had in book/season 1, so they fill that role.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

THAT WAS THE MOST BADASS EPISODE EVER!!!!!

misterID

misterID wrote:

Great episode. My only complaint was the wasted time spent with Arya getting into Winterfell. Jesus Christ, every moment counts and it wasn't funny or original as we had the EXACT same scene with her the first season. It ended up taking up a chunk of time. Show Sansa, tell her someone arrived, cut to the tomb. Bam, done.

Loved the bit with Brienne. I like they're building up the big love scene with Dany and Jon.

The Battle starring Bronn made me say Goddamn out loud. Still not as good as BOTB, or Hardhome, but good. Right under it.

Overall good episode, but too short and cut the cutesy shit out. Ready for next week smile

Board footer