You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: ALTER BRIDGE: New U.S. Headlining Dates Announced - Jan. 31, 2011

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter
ALTER BRIDGE will hit the road again this spring with dates in support of its recently released album, "ABIII". The band's cross-country trek will kick off in Portland, Oregon on April 21 and will make stops in Las Vegas, Anaheim, Chicago and New York. This tour will also see the band playing in some markets for the first time in their career. These first time markets include Portland, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Knoxville and Nashville. In addition, the band is set to play several yet to be announced major festival shows. There will be more information to come as more dates are announced. BLACK STONE CHERRY has been tapped to open for ALTER BRIDGE on the headline leg of the tour.

The dates are as follows:

Apr. 21 - Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
Apr. 23 - Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
Apr. 24 - San Francisco, CA @ The Regency Ballroom
Apr. 27 - Anaheim, CA @ The Grove of Anaheim
Apr. 29 - Salt Lake City, UT @ The Great Salt Air
Apr. 30 - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
May 02 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
May 03 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
May 08 - Norfolk, VA @ The NorVa
May 10 - Knoxville, TN @ Valarium
May 11 - Nashville, TN @ Cannery Ballroom
May 12 - Ft. Wayne, IN @ Piere's
May 17 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
May 19 - New York, NY @ Best Buy Theater

ALTER BRIDGE is enjoying continued success on the Active and Mainstream Rock charts with "Isolation" as the single claims the #1 spot for the third week in a row. "Isolation" is the first #1 single in the band's history. Each of the group's two previous albums had singles land at #2 — "Open Your Eyes" from thre debut album, "One Day Remains"; and "Rise Today" from the critically acclaimed sophomore effort "Blackbird". "ABIII" was released on Alter Bridge Recordings via EMI Label Services and debuted at #17 on The Billboard 200 chart.
alterbridgepromo.jpg

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Myles deserves a fucking medal for his workrate.

Love him, hate him, or think he's just 'meh' you have to hand it to the guy..the dudes a workhorse. Period.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, he's never not working.

jamester

jamester wrote:

He is a worker. bu5t he is no spring chicken....he is at the peak of his career Imo and reaping the rewards and building that nest egg.  good for him

jamester

jamester wrote:

ALTER BRIDGE Drummer Interviewed In Milan (Video) - Feb. 2, 2011
Italian web site SpazioRock.it conducted an interview with drummer Scott Phillips (ALTER BRIDGE, CREED) before ALTER BRIDGE's December 1, 2011 concert in Milan, Italy. You can now watch the chat below.

ALTER BRIDGE's 2008 concert DVD, "Live From Amsterdam", was released on Blu-ray disc on January 11. Since the original was the band's first DVD, it's fitting that it also becomes the group's debut in the Blu-ray format. An audio-only CD version is also available. Filmed in 2008 during the band's world tour behind its "Blackbird" album, the disc features 18 songs performed live in addition to a documentary on the band and photo gallery.

ALTER BRIDGE was formed in 2004 by the three instrumental members of CREED and ex-MAYFIELD FOUR frontman Myles Kennedy. The singer told The Pulse Of Radio he was teaching guitar and considering leaving the music business just before he got the call. "I was teaching guitar one day and there was this, he was like seven years old and he wasn't paying attention and he was running around the room," he said. "And I'm like, 'I can't do this. I have to get back on the horse and give it another shot, because I'm gonna be miserable if I don't.' I'm not just grateful for how things have turned out, I consider myself one of the luckiest people on the planet to have gotten a second chance, and I never, ever will take that for granted."

In addition to recording three albums with ALTER BRIDGE, Kennedy is also the lead singer for Slash's touring band and was offered a chance to work on a post-LED ZEPPELIN project with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham.
[youtube]x53jnl_bO9U&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Board footer