You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: TC Electronic: Richard Fortus interview 1&2

jamester wrote:

1)
Richard fortus talks about his audition for Guns'n'Roses.

2)
Richard Fortus talks about his TC Electronic gear.

Richard Fortus: Guitar rig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsjjU_S8Fyw

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Pretty cool, never knew he was in amongst it before Bucket joined. Pretty funny thought that after Buckets rehearsal they binned everyone else without a word lol.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I've never noticed before how much Richard looks like a hobbit 14

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Pretty cool, never knew he was in amongst it before Bucket joined. Pretty funny thought that after Buckets rehearsal they binned everyone else without a word lol.

Yeah bucket has that freak ability thing going where I can see you'd do that if you were auditioning him!

Although I maintain fortus is a very talented guitar player, he doesn't get a chance to show it all that often, but the little techniques he uses here and there like in his Bond cover...really make me realise he's got a lot more game in him than you'd expect from the rhythm player.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Fortus is talented, that I will agree with. For years I shit on him, because he was hidden as a THIRD guitarist doing rhythm. Even though I still don't think he's the "secret weapon", i've heard the guy play...

She should be was the 'lead' players. I never understood why Rich couldn't have replaced Robin, and Izzy be put on rhythm.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Cos Izzy cant member the songs and dosent wanna tour! big_smile

Im down with 3 talented guitar players. All about it ! matter o fact I wanna hear what the fu@k they can do !(new music we already know thy can play appetite)

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...IMO richard could easily be Robin or DJ...maybe not getting into Bucket and Bumble type shreds but he's deffinately got some skills.

I think the only problem with that Izzy plan is Izzy...he's transient...it's fun to play with GNR or VR now and then, but he doesn't want the drama associated with a full time comitment to anything.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Richard is a lead player playing rhythm...  Izzy was more of a true "rhythm" player, but even he could play some leads if he wanted.  Not many "malcomlm young" type guys around anymore.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Smoking Guns kinda got what I was saying...

Izzy's more of a true rhythm player than Rich, because Rich is lead player (monkeychow) playing rhythm.

If you get into some of the CD guitar stuff, Rich's is credited for some heavy riffage, at least on Scraped if I remember correctly.

Board footer