You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Chickenfoot Thread

monkeychow wrote:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjqAqJTBVahgeDgj1EUxkbTCRpq5GBRGANp_ErXFp59JdrGv3Dmw

Figured I'd make a generic chickenfood thread as i'm into this band and I know a few other forum peeps are too...keep comming across random chickenfoot updates and seemed silly if I make a new thread for some of the tiny snippits I might want to post - so i'll just bump this one each time I find a small update.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Chickenfoot in the studio working on the 2nd album....love the Rick Flair refrences for old school wrestling fans!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Thanks for the info Monkey!

I've gone back and revisited their first album again, and I think I like it more now than when I first got it. It's the album the Van Halen should have put out as the follow up after Balance.
Just a great solid rock album that's fun to listen to from start to finish.

Really looking forward to this follow up, and like you mentioned on facebook, here's hoping they tour Australia as well!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I've gone back and revisited their first album again, and I think I like it more now than when I first got it.

Yeah i'm the same. It's been a real 'grower' with me. I remember I liked it at the time and played it for a few weeks, then I kinda moved on. But recently it came up in a play list and now i'm listening the hell out of it.

Like you said...great album to just go from start to finish. I think the guys were having a lot of fun making and it and it kinda shows.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with for a second. The first had a real jam session feel about it...and in some ways the new one might be different as they're more used to playing together, but then from interviews it sounds like they're still using a lot of improv and stuff when writing and jamming, so it might be similar.

metallex78 wrote:

Really looking forward to this follow up, and like you mentioned on facebook, here's hoping they tour Australia as well!

yah i hope so! Although if it's not chad on the tour I hope the replacment is someone pretty funky on drums too. Love to see like Tommy Lee or someone!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Couple of quick Chickenfoot refrences in this interview with Satriani.

Q: How far along is Chickenfoot with the second album, and how much of this year will revolve around touring behind that?

A: We've got 18 songs in the process of being written. We're going to meet at the end of this month to record this record. We don't know how we're going to finish it or when it's going to be released. We're dealing with my touring and Chad Smith's involvement with the new Chili Peppers record and Sam's many responsibilities. I'm confident of having a record in the can by March.

Q: Having been used to your own band over the years, what was the biggest adjustment you had to make working with Sammy, Michael and Chad?

A: Having a private jet to fly around (laughs). No one in the band had taken a tour bus except for me. Believe it or not, that was the biggest adjustment -- getting used to flying in a private jet.

Q: Before Chickenfoot came to San Antonio in Sept. 2009, Michael Anthony told me that you like to take notes in the studio. What kinds of details are you taking note of?

A: When you're in the studio, it's a beautiful opportunity to achieve greatness. Everyone wants to make a record that is great for decades and decades. You don't want to slack off. You want to rise to the occasion. It's a special atmosphere, and I don't want to miss out on it. After the recording session, those guys flew home, Sam worked on some lyrics, and it was just me and the engineer. I played banjo, acoustic guitar, other instruments. I love it. Some people find (record-making) tedious. I think it's a privilege to be in that situation.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/metal-music-in- … o-satriani

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

SAMMY HAGAR's 'Red' Autobiography: Promotional Video Released - Feb. 26, 2011
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I kinda like how he's achknowldging the ghost writer up front like that, lots of dudes wouldn't. I'll probably pick this up to learn a bit more about sammy - even though he's mega famous from VH I don't know all that much about him really.

jamester

jamester wrote:

Let the reunion talk FLY!

BLABBERMOUTHNET

SAMMY HAGAR: 'I Would Love To Make Another Record With VAN HALEN' http://bit.ly/hJGH3h

SAMMY HAGAR: 'I Would Love To Make Another Record With VAN HALEN' - Mar. 2, 2011
RollingStone.com recently conducted an interview with legendary rocker Sammy Hagar about his upcoming autobiography, "Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock". A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

RollingStone.com: You really spill the dirt on Eddie Van Halen. You clearly weren't too concerned with burning bridges there.

Hagar: I don't consider them burning bridges at all. When I first joined the band, dirt was going back and forth between us and the former lead singer. I didn't burn any bridges. They eventually put the bridge back. Time washes everything clean. To be honest, Valerie [Bertinelli] said almost all the same stuff in her book about Ed.

The only thing I did was talk about my personal relationship with him. I had almost 10 fantastic years in that band. It was a dream come true for any musician on the planet. We had the greatest relationship and the greatest run and wrote some of the greatest music. We had five Number One albums and sold 50, 60 million records together. We practically sold out every venue in the world.

The last two years were really rough. Everyone immediately goes to the dirt, but quite honestly being in VAN HALEN was one of the greatest experiences in my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'll take the dirt right with it.

Back to burning bridges: If you choose to write an autobiography, which I did, then you only have one shot. If you don't tell it all then you sit there for the rest of your life telling stories and people are like, "Well, why wasn't that in the book?" I don't wanna have to do that. It's all right there.

RollingStone.com: What do you think the percent odds are that you'll ever play in VAN HALEN again?

Hagar: I'd say it's up there around 90 percent. I would love to make another record with VAN HALEN. If Eddie was totally cool and was back to the guy I used to know, or a new guy, not the guy I knew the last time [laughs]. He can't be that guy. I wouldn't do it if he was like that. It's below zero, minus zero. But if Eddie really got his life together, which it seems he has judging by the pictures I've seen, then definitely.

Read the entire interview at RollingStone.com.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm sure he would love to make another record with Van Halen, AND get in on that touring money.

But as long as Diamond Dave is there, NO ONE is gonna be calling Hagar.

jamester

jamester wrote:

RollingStone

Sammy Hagar on Eddie Van Halen: "What a fruitcake." http://bit.ly/efTP7R

Board footer