You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Chickenfoot Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

Hopefully it's as good as they're hyping it.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, that was a long read, and it sounds really hyped up from they way they've all been describing it.

All in all, I'm just hoping for another fun rock album again, and regardless of standards, I think we'll at least get that.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
SAMMY HAGAR: Video Report From Ridgewood Book-Signing Event http://bit.ly/dNaRLp

jamester

jamester wrote:

Legendary rocker Sammy Hagar signed copies of his autobiography, "Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock", this past Wednesday (March 16) at Book Revue in Huntington, New York. A four-minute video report from the Artisan News Service — which includes an interview with Hagar — can now be viewed below.

jamester

jamester wrote:

Legendary rocker Sammy Hagar signed copies of his autobiography, "Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock", this past Tuesday (March 15) at Bookends in Ridgewood, New Jersey. An eight-minute video  report from the latest edition of "Box Of Rock" on WDHA-FM 105.5 FM — the rock music station licensed to Dover and Morristown, New Jersey — can now be viewed below.

jamester

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
SAMMY HAGAR Continues To Claim He Was Abducted By Aliens http://bit.ly/eOV2Ji

SAMMY HAGAR Continues To Claim He Was Abducted By Aliens - Mar. 22, 2011
According to The Pulse Of Radio, Sammy Hagar claims to have been abducted by aliens — multiple times. Hagar, who just published his memoir, "Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock", revealed to MTV Hive that he was first snatched by extra-terrestrials at four years old, recalling, "One time I saw what I considered to be, well, at the time I thought it was a car with no wheels. We lived out in the country and I saw this thing floating across a field, creating this big dust storm. I threw rocks at it. . . And I don't know what happened after that." When asked if he blacked out during the incident, Hagar said: "I guess. I just have no memory of it. And that wasn't a dream. It was during daylight."

He went on to describe another incident dealing with the spacemen, saying, "It was real, (aliens) were plugged into me. It was a download situation. This was long before computers or any kind of wireless. There weren't even wireless telephones. Looking back now, it was like, 'Fuck, they downloaded something into me!' Or they uploaded something from my brain, like an experiment."

In a 2002 interview with Guitar World magazine, Hagar said that he was a true believer of extraterrestrial life outside this planet and solar system as well as intelligent life observing humans in their everyday lives.

"It's been a long, long time, but back in about '68, in Fontana, California, I had this unbelievable experience that would take this whole interview to even go into," Hagar said. "But I'm a firm believer — have seen, have felt, have been contacted three or four different times. I have received information that has been valuable in my life from those people, and they have used me. I'm gonna sound like a complete nut here, but they have used me in an experimental fashion. The easiest way to put it is that they downloaded my brain information. When I was about 19 or 20, they downloaded everything that was in my head. And I caught 'em doin' it! I woke up in the middle of the night, thinkin', 'What's goin' on?' They were like, 'Oh, my god, he's waking up!' But this was all telepathy — there were no words being spoken. And as soon as I woke up — it was probably three o'clock in the morning — my whole room was so bright that I could hardly keep my eyes open. I was wide-awake, I could not move, eyes open, white room, they were still disconnecting — and when they did, it just went bang! Everything went back to normal, back to black. I was shaking, I almost passed out, I was sick to my stomach and almost had to throw up, it was so scary…"

He continued, "It sent me on a course of curiosity. I bought a telescope, and I started reading UFO books, and I just got into the whole thing. And since then, there have been three or four other contacts with the same group of people. I don't know who the fuck they are, but I've narrowed them down to a people called the Nine, who are called that because they're from the Ninth Dimension. I've named my publishing company the Nine Music after them. It's a crazy thing, man. But to me, anyone who thinks we're the only ones here, despite the vastness of the entire universe, is fucking crazy. Those people gotta be put away — not the guys having these contacts!" [laughs]

jamester

jamester wrote:

SAMMY HAGAR's Autobiography Tops NEW YORK TIMES Best Seller List - Mar. 28, 2011
Legendary rocker Sammy Hagar's autobiography, "Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock", has landed at position No. 1 on the New York Times "Hardcover Nonfiction" best sellers list. The book was released on March 15 via It Books, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.

Hagar provides readers with incredible behind-the-scenes stories from his multi-platinum career, including his rise as a solo artist and his eleven years with VAN HALEN, after the controversial departure of original lead vocalist David Lee Roth. During Hagar's time with VAN HALEN, the band released four consecutive No. 1 albums. From worldwide stadium concerts tours to private jets, Hagar enjoyed the trappings of fame and success with VAN HALEN until he was, as he puts it, "unceremoniously fired." Hagar later thrived as a solo act, leading his band, the CABO WABOS, before returning triumphantly to VAN HALEN for an historic reunion tour after which he set off on his own once again.

Honest and compelling, Hagar's account spares no one, least of all himself. Hagar's autobiography reveals the inside story of one of rock music's most recognizable voices, from his humble beginnings in the town of Fontana, California, to his incredible business success with Cabo Wabo Tequila and the Cabo Wabo Cantinas. The book was co-authored by Joel Selvin, longtime pop music writer for the San Francisco Chronicle.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That alien stuff is pretty sincere, makes you think!

jamester

jamester wrote:

HAGAR, SATRIANI To Perform National Anthem At CARDINALS Vs. GIANTS Game In San Francisco - Mar. 30, 2011
CHICKENFOOT's Sammy Hagar and Joe Satriani will perform the national anthem at the St. Louis Cardinals vs. San Francisco Giants game on Saturday, April 9 at AT&T Park in San Francisco, California.

SAMMY HAGAR To Guest On 'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno' - Mar. 30, 2011
Legendary rocker Sammy Hagar will guest on tonight's (Wednesday, March 30) edition of NBC-TV's "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno".

"The Tonight Show" airs weeknights at 11:35 p.m. EST. Check local listings for details.

jamester

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
HAGAR, SATRIANI Perform National Anthem At CARDINALS Vs. GIANTS Game (Video) http://bit.ly/iaeE58

[youtube]-tt1q1O7z3g&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Board footer